Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Day 374 - Session - BIRTHDAY BEATING!

First of all I want to say that I am so blessed to have been able to make it to my 34th birthday.  Every day I seem to be getting stronger and healthier and I feel SO amazing!  I can't believe that 8 years ago my doctor told me that if I didn't get a handle on the way I was living that I wouldn't make it to my 30th birthday let alone my 34th.  It only took me 7 years to start listening to him!

I also can't believe that it has almost been a complete year since I have started on this journey.  I have learned so much in the way of exercise and healthy eating and even though I have fallen off the wagon so to speak a couple of times, I still get determined and get back on track.  I am so very proud of myself.

I am also extremely thankful to Jeremy and all of his motivation, his persistance in helping me out, and putting up with my mood swings.  I know that I have been angry at hin in the past a couple of times but, he did inform me today that he had to cancel a couple of sessions yesterday because of work.  So at least I know I'm not the only one now.  I guess I should be expecting it to happen every now and then because of the fact that he is in charge of 15 other trainers and also his workload is pretty large.

I am very very thankful to all of you that have been here to support me in this journey.  Without the support and encouragement not to give up, it sure has helped me huge in staying focussed and watching the weight drop is also so refreshing.  Yes, this is going to be one of those drawn out blogs.

To my big brother, (I know, Carmen will probably read this part to you) I love you so much and I want to thank you for being the protective and caring brother that you are.  No matter how many stupid mistakes I make, you love me and try to take care of me no matter what and you are the best big brother I could ever ask for.

Mel, oh my buddy Mel.  We have been through alot together all these many years and I love you to death!  You have been there always for me when I am completely ticked off, sad, happy.  Whatever mood I am in you are always there and I thank you so much.  You are my best friend, my sister and I hope that we continue to grow stronger in our friendship, although I'm not too sure that we can have an even stronger friendship than we already have.

Sara - I know that you don't comment on the blogs but I do know that you read them and I know how proud you are of me.  I love the fact that we have the kind of friendship where we can tell each other off and then in the next couple of seconds, give each other a hug and forget about the bad things.  You also are like a sister to me and one of my best friends.  I know that you also support me hugely (except for that coffee cake you bought me yesterday for my birthday that I thoroughly enjoyed, thanks) Love you babe!

Rhonda, dear Rhonda!  You have been the best commentator throughout this whole thing and I am so happy to read your comments every single time!  I know that we haven't talked in so many years, but, that is going to change!  I have missed you so much and you are also such an inspiration to me in your own weight loss journey.  I thank you hugely!

One more shoutout, to Carmen.  You are always asking me how the gym is going, you are always interested in what I am doing and I really do love it when you present a challenge for me to beat.  It makes me work that much harder to beat it!  I especially love the fact that you are doing all that you can in the way of giving me awesome recipes to try out, and being so loving and supporting in all aspects of my life.  I love you sister!

I know that there are quite a few others that I would like to thank but, for now, I think I need to get onto the session before I forget what I did.  It was very good today as I have been home for half an hour and my hair is still soaking wet from sweat.  Ew gross!  Need a shower!

I arrived at the gym 15 min before my session was to start and I of course did my warm up on the treadmill.  At 10, I wiped down the machine and went to meet Jeremy.  The first thing he had me do was sit on a bench and with my legs raised off the floor, I had to move my hands from side to side, almost like I was pretending to hold onto a ball.  I can`t remember what he called these but it was interesting needless to say.

From there I had to go down and up the stairs twice and then when I got back I had to repeat this exercise once more, this time with a 5lb medicine ball.  Then I had to do about 15 reverse lunges and while in the lunge do a row with a resistance band.  Down and up the stairs 2 times, this time with 2 8kg kettlebells and then I had to repeat everything.  When I went down and up the stairs again I had to use the kettlebells 2 times and then go down and up 2 more times without.

By the time I was done the stairs this last time I felt my back starting to really bug me.  So Jeremy had me do about 15 lower ab crunches on the bench, 15 more lunges and then we went over to this other machine where I had to basically stretch doubled over it towards the floor to try and stretch the back out.

We went back over to the bench to do another 15 lower ab crunches, 15 reverse lunges and then down and up the stairs 2 times again.  Back to do the lower ab crunches and then we went over to the railing to stretch some more and then we went to the hamstring machine where we did some more stretching for the back.  We went back over to the  bench one more time to do the lower ab crunches and then finally a 3 min sprint on the bike.  He gave me money to go over to Tim Hortons for coffee and bought me a birthday coffee as well.  All in all, an awesome session!

Tonight I will be going out for supper with Jan, Merv and Shawn to Red Robins and I am very happy to be doing that.  Other than that, no more plans for the day.  My next session with Jeremy is next Friday at 10am once again.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment