Friday, 13 July 2012

Day 383 - Weigh in - Final measurements

Well this is the last time I will be posting a blog.  It has definitely been an awesome experience and an eye opener in alot of respects that's for sure.  I have never done anything this hard in my life and even though it has been extremely painful, and frustrating to the point that I wanted to quit, it has also been extremely refreshing and satisfying as well.

I am so blessed to have met so many wonderful people through this journey and I am extremely thankful to have so many people that care about my well being and keeping the support going.  Even though I am finished with the blog, I still have 15 sessions left with Jeremy and will be continuing to go the last little mile alone with him.

Today I was supposed to have a session with him but, as he has been working very hard and has had a few family issues going on in his life, he cancelled our session.  However, when I went to ask him if there was someone else that could do the measurements for today, he must have felt like it was up to him to do it so we did them last night.  I think he wanted to be the first one to find out the results.

So, in one year, I have lost a total of 86 lbs.  I have gone down in the following areas:

Neck: 5 cm
Gluteus: 30 cm
Shoulders: 8 cm
Each thigh: 15 cm
Abdomen 1: 34 cm
Abdomen 2: 35 cm

I am very proud of what I have accomplished in the last year.  I started out on this journey at 264lbs, barely able to walk, and in so much pain that I could not even carry in groceries from the car.  Now I move much more easily, I can jog on the treadmill, and carrying things are much better for me.  I can run after the kids that I interact with, with no trouble at all and I have so much more energy to accomplish the things that I want to do in my life.

Not only activity wise in my life, I have also gone from a minimum paying job to an actual career at Epcor, I have changed my views on wanting a family of my own, and in the next year, I will be on my own as well.  I have many more goals in place for the next year and I hope to achieve all of them.  I thank all of you for the support that you have given me as well as the motivation to keep going. 

1 comment: