Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Day 345, 346 - Session

I was supposed to post the blog for yesterday last night but, I got a little caught up with trying to watch my Days of Our Lives that I have missed for the last 3 weeks.  So, I guess I have to cram yesterday and today into a long and winded one today.

Yesterday before work, I went over to the gym to get a little bit of a workout done so that I didn't have as much to do after work.  Unfortunately, going to the gym after work wasn't an option because of the fact that as it was, I was very hungry and with the weather being the way it was, really just wanted to come home and eat.

I did the treadmill for half an hour yesterday, burning a total of 200 calories.  It wasn't that bad of a workout at all.  I wound up starting off on a speed walk for 5 min on a 3 speed, and then did a jog for a minute on a 4.4.  I reduced it back down to a 3 for 2 min and then did a 3 min jog back on the 4.4.  I alternated for the next 10 minutes and then went to a speed walk of a 3.2 to finish off my 30 minutes.  It wasn't much but, as I was running out of time and I was still going to be walking to the LRT, it was a pretty good workout.

I was up pretty late last night due to the fact that I kept hearing noises (which later turned out to be the cats messing around).  I finally crawled out of bed at 9am and came downstairs to make my breakfast and get ready to head out to my session.  I left fairly early because I didn't get my coffee in this morning and I thought that I would just sit at Tim Horton's and chill out before I would get my butt kicked.

As I walked in the doors, I started getting my money ready and as the next person was called forward finally, I realized it was Jeremy.  We said hello, he went his way, and I headed outside to sit and drink my coffee and mentally prepare myself for what was about to come my way.  I knew that he was going to give me a tough session and as I am sitting here writing this, my body is sure feeling the effects.

When we first started, he had me do maybe about 20 or 25 step ups with each leg and then as I was in a squat, pull a rope lifting about 25lbs towards me 12 times.  I then had to do the step ups again and then this time with the rope I had to stand on the bosu ball and pull the rope towards me again.  I was sent down and up the stairs 3 times, allowed to rest for a couple minutes and then right back into it again.

As I got back up the stairs for the third time, I noticed that the bosu ball was flipped upside down.  I was expected to get into a pushup position holding onto the bosu ball and then bring each leg towards my chest 10 times.  I was then handed a 12.5 lb dumbell and had to hold it straight above my head and walk across the gym and back on each arm.  As I got to the other side of the gym Jeremy said "Whoever thinks Jeremy is the best trainer in the world raise your hand."  I at this point made him laugh because I immediately lowered my arm.

We did the bosu knee drives again and then I had to go down and up the stairs 3 times again.  We did the knee drives again and then 2 more times down and up the stairs.  Once I got upstairs he had brought out a kettle bell and told me to rest for a couple minutes.  I then had to swing the kettle bell 12 times between my legs and straight out in front of me and then we moved over to the TRX ropes where I had to do 12 forward lunges on each leg and following that, a 3 minute sprint on the bike.  We repeated this set once more and finished with another 2 minute sprint on the bike.

I was told that I need to do 3 hours of cardio, and recommended that I get the stretches done when I get home today and continue those and core every day until our next session which is next Wednesday.  He took it easy on me for the homework because next week is going to be a fairly busy week with work for me.  I told him that it would be really hard for me to get to the gym but that I would try to make it at some poiint.  It's kind of hard when you don't have a vehicle and it takes roughly an hour to walk to the gym and depending if you leave on time, an hour home.

It was an excellant session and I am going to make sure to let Jeremy know that I would like to have more sessions like that.  Just because of the fact that we only do sessions weekly and I think it will remind me to keep up with my end of the bargain better.

Considering the fact that I don't work until 3 tomorrow or Friday, I will be going to the gym both days, hopefully earlier than I have been so that I can get a full hour in.  Next week I have plans to at least go for a walk after work so that I can get at least some kind of cardio in.  More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment