I didn't make it to the gym this morning as I had anticipated and I was really hoping that I would be able to make it. My alarm went off at 7:30 and I wound up falling back asleep again until 8. I jumped out of bed, came downstairs, ate my breakfast and quickly went upstairs to get ready for work. I am very happy that I did most of my lunch preparation last night before I went to bed. Again tomorrow I don't have to worry about the prep work so, I am going to hopefully be able to get to bed a little earlier and get up early tomorrow to get my workout in and then tomorrow evening I am going to try and go back to the gym for another one. I am hoping that with 2 hour long workouts throughout the next couple weeks I should be able to lose that 15 lbs.
So tonight after work, I was thinking that I wouldn't be able to go to the gym. All day while I was answering calls I kept getting really sharp pains just under the shoulder blades towards the centre of my back. This has been happening since Saturday evening and I am not sure what triggered it but, it is very painful.
I had the car today and had to park over by belvedere because there was no parking at clareview and by the time I actually got over to the esso, I was even in more pain than I was when I was at work. I went over to the gym parking lot and parked for a few minutes debating wether I should go inside or not. I texted Cassandra on this matter and she said to do what my body feels is the right thing to do, and I chose instead to listen to my head. I should've listened to my body. LOL
I went upstairs to the ladies only room and was going to do the treadmill but figured I would start off on the eliptical instead. I am not sure what possessed me to do that but, I probably should've done the treadmill.
I started off on a level 6 and started off at a fairly fast speed for about 10 min. I don't think I went under a 5 speed and I was really feeling pretty good. I increased the level up to an 8 and carried on for another 5 min and this time I don't think I went under a 4.5 speed. In the duration of a 15 min span I wound up burning 166 calories.
At this point I decided that I had enough of the eliptical and wanted to do the treadmill for a little bit. I started off at a 0 incline and 3.0 speed per normal and left it there for 5 min. I then increased the speed to a 3.2 and increased the incline to a 2.5. After about 2 min I increased the incline once more to a 4.5 and carried on until I hit 8 min. I increased it one more time to a 6.5 incline and then at 10 min, lowered the incline back to a zero for 2 min. I hit the cool down button and at the end of that 15 min I had burned 84 calories there for a total burn of 250 in half an hour.
Considering the fact that it is me, and considering the pain in the back right now, I was pretty impressed. I did do everything that I said I was going to do last night before bed. 140 ab crunches, held the plank for 57 seconds, not quite a minute, and stretches. Tonight I plan on doing roughly the same as well as trying the side plank and lower ab crunches as well. It looks like I will be trying my hardest in the next few weeks to lose what I have hopes to lose. I am hoping the cheerleaders are out there because I am really going to need the motivation in the next little while here to keep pushing through!
No comments:
Post a Comment