Well, it has been a pretty acceptable day today. I was awake before 9am this morning and I was actually quite surprised that I was actually able to crawl out of bed. I am still pretty sore from Wednesdday's workout still but, it is getting a little bit better. The insides of my legs are pretty sore and my back is very bad but, it's not a bad hurt. It just means that I am supposed to be much better in the way of exercise and how I am eating.
I got to the gym around 11am and went upstairs to do a lower intensity workout on the treadmill other than doing a jog type workout. I started out at a 2.7 speed for 10 min and then increased it to a 3.0. By the time 15 min was done I had burned 66 calories and I then had to go to the bathroom. I came back to the treadmill and put it on a 3.0 for another 5 min and then decided that I should maybe go a little bit faster and try to get a higher intensity going. I increased it once more to a 3.2 and carried on until I hit the 15 minute mark. I increased the incline for the last 5 min and hit the cooldown button. By the time I was finished this round I had burned another 143 calories. So it wasn't that bad for the day totalling 200.
Once I finshed at the gym I had a few errands to run as it is payday and when I got home, I had my coffee, talked to my friend Cassandra on the phone for a few minutes and then was on my way to work. This time when I went to work, I did make sure that I had my ereader with me and then my team lead wanted to talk to me for a few minutes in regards to enrolling in the benefits.
After work, I ran over to Costco to pick up a couple pairs of pants. Unfortunately, they only had 1 color of pants that I wanted so I picked them up and grabbed a shirt as well. I am feeling a little bit overwhelmed at the moment because it has been a really long time since I have been able to shop in stores other than the plus size stores. When I was trying to find the pants that I was looking for, there was a lady there folding the clothes and putting them away. She asked me what size I was looking for and when I replied with 16, she said, no, you look like you should be in a 12. I was completely shocked that someone would think I was that small. And boy, does it feel good. That kind of thing only makes me want to keep going because when I am down to a 12 or a 14, and I will be, I know that I will look and more importantly feel completely amazing!
As tomorrow I am working from 8 - 4:30, I am unsure as to wether or not I will be getting into the gym. I will be doing my stretches, ab crunches and the plank tonight before bed, just like I did last night, and hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get in to the gym in the evening and try for a "last chance" workout, just like old times! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment