Monday, 19 September 2011

Day 70

Day 70, wow, can't believe I've stuck with it so long.  Usually I've given up after day 10 or 14!  This morning I was supposed to get up at 5:30 but, unfortunately, I didn't crawl my butt out of bed untl 7:30 this morning.  Whoops!  A little behind this morning.  I was lucky though because Jan didn't go to work this morning and I was able to take the car to my session this morning.

I started off on the treadmill on a 2 speed at a 6.5 incline for 10 min and then I wiped down my machine and went to meet up with Jeremy.  He had me doing the sitting rows lifting 45 lb weights 10 times and then I had to take a barbell and doing a squat, bring the barbell down between my legs to touch the barbell flush with the floor and then sstand up and bring it above my head 10 times with each arm.  I had to repeat these 2 more times and then down and up the stairs twice.  On my second rep with the barbell I realized that Jeremy had increased the weight, I was lifting 10lbs instead of 5lbs!  Awesome!

Jeremy decided to switch it up a little bit once I got to the top of the stairs and he attached a bar instead of the tringle shaped bar and had to do 10 rows with that to strretch the shoulder blades.  Again with the barbell I had to step to the side and bring the barbell across my body and down to touch my feet and then stepping back with my feet together and raise the barbell above my head.  I had to do this 10 times on each arm and then down and up the stairs 2 more times.  Once I got to the top we did some calf stretches at the top of the stairs and then used the railing to stretch the back by reaching across with each arm and leaning back a little bit.

We went over to one of the machines with the pulley rops and then with the arms crossed I had to pull two ropes straight out to the side 20 times and then down and up the stairs again.  Back to do the cross arm pull another 20 times and  then one last time down and up the stairs.  Finally we went over to the TRX ropes and I had to do 10 reverse lunges on each leg and then grab the next rope and this time I had to kind of squat with one arm behind my back and then pulling up, bring that arm up and aligned with the ropes.  I had to do this 10 times with each arm and then repeat the lunges and that one again after a quick drink and rest.

I finished off the session with a few stretches and then walked over to the tim hortons for a coffee and then backk to the car to drive home for my cool down.  It was a great session today even though I was a little on the complaining side and Jeremy and I did talk a little bit but, neither one of us was really in the talkative mood today.  Tomorrow I am going to the gym in the morning again hopefully and then every day for the rest of the week.  On Friday I have asked Jeremy to do my measurements so that I am able to share the news with my family on Saturday!  Everyone else will unfortunately have to wait until Sunday for those results as some of my family members will be reading this and I don't want to spoil the news for them!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment