What a fantastic start to the morning! I think I might do it more often! This monring I was awake at 5:30 and I mean awake. I wasn't feeling groggy, my legs seemed to be ok for the most part, and my back didn't hurt at all! I got out of bed around 6 after cuddling with the charliebug and came downstairs to make some breakfast. I had a couple pieces of toast with 1 egg and 1 strip of turkey bacon on each and then came to sit and relax in front of the computer for an hour before getting my coat on.
I decided to put the Ipod on and set off out the door at about 7:52 and started off on a brisk walk. I went all the way around my block and then followed the bus route for a little bit to the husky store and then made my way back to the lights to come back to my house. But I didn't stop there. I did a little bit of a jog for about a minute down the block to the next street and then continued on for a bit with my brisk walk. I did another little sprint for another minute and then slowed it down. I did it one more time and then I must've stepped wrong because my heel started to hurt pretty bad. So I cooled it for the time being and made my way over to Esso to get myself a coffee before going home. I walked/jogged for a total of 50 min and I am going to give my heel a good working over with a golf ball to help loosen it up and then Sophia and I are going to go for another walk in a bit. Maybe once we get back from there and when she goes down for a nap I can maybe do some step ups or stretching for a bit. I'll have to see how the day plays out. I do know however that Matt will be picking her up probably around 2 or 2:30 so if that happens I may just wait to do anything at all and just do it at that time.
All in all I was quite happy with todays workout. I'm ecstatic about being able to jog for 2 min and not feel like dying. Maybe the next time I will be able to jog for 5 or even be able to finally do it on that treadmill! So in between the 150 ab crunches last night before bed and this morning, I feel like I may have just gotten back into my groove! YAY! More tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment