Thursday, 29 September 2011

Day 80

After only 4 hours of sleep, I was able to get myself out of bed at 7 this morning and jump in the shower to go to work.  It started off with a bang for sure.  I'm feeling pretty sad today.  I am missing my dad terribly as I wasn't able to see him on the weekend like I had planned and the last time I had seen him was probably about 3 or 4 years ago now.  I just couldn't afford to spend 120 dollars in gas to go.  Guess I'll have to save up for it.  Another reason for not feeling all that happy is that I am even more so missing my mom today.  I know that she is looking down and seeing the accomplishments that I have made thus far, but, just to hear the excitement in her voice would be just the push I need to keep it up.  To see her face light up as well would be nice.  I know it won't happen, and that it can't happen but, sometimes, a person just wishes for it.  I am going to keep pushing and when I am in pain throughout my sessions with Jeremy, I just think of her and I know that she would tell me to give it all I've got and that's what I do.  I focus and push through it.  This post is more of a reflection for me to see how and what I feel in the months that have passed, so there is no need to post a comment guys.  I'll get over it and keep going but, in my eyes, it's very important to keep track of all good and bad days.

Moving on, I had my shower, ate a granola bar and started on my way for my long walk to the gym.  Today it took me 45 min as I really didn't care to speed walk and I just wanted to enjoy the fresh air and clear my head.  I didn't have to do a warm up either as it took so long to walk and when I finally made it upstairs, Jeremy was ready for me to get going.  He noticed that I wasn't in top spirits today and left it be which is really what I wanted.  I just wanted to get it over with and get the day over with as soon as possible.  We started off in the ladies only section and did 12 rowing pulls on each arm while bringing the other one forward and then he had me do a squat on the bench, stand up and shuffle to the side once and then squat again about 12 times.  We repeated these two and then moved off into the next area.

We went over to the TRX ropes and had to body pullups 12 times and then reverse lunges 12 times.  Down and up the stairs 2 times and then back to the TRX ropes for another rep.  My back was starting to hurt a bit so he had me go over to the railing and do the cross body stretch with each arm, and then with both hands stretch out the back some more and then down and up the stairs 2 more times.  While I was doing that, he went over to get the 10lb barbells and I had to do the side arm raises with the barbells as many times as I could and then bicep curls 10 times.  I was able to rest for a minute or two and then repeat the rep. 

He had me rest for another minute and then he gave me the smallest kettlebell and I had to do 12 lawnmower pulls on the bench and then down and up the stairs one more time.  He then asked me to come and sit with him in the office so that we could set up our next appointments for next week and then told me that he needed my input on something.  Apparently his trainers at the gym are not getting repeat customers and as I have spoken with him many times about getting more sessions, he was wondering what it was about him that made him so special to have repeats.  I just told him the truth, like I always do.  I like working out with him.  He always has a good session planned, he's nice, easy to talk to and very motivating.  I had also told him that I did want to eventually get more sessions before these ones are done but, I wanted to see where his head was at.  I don't want to pay for more sessions with him and then have him quit his job and then I'd have to find a new trainer.  I don't want anyone else, as Jeremy is good at what he does and obviously his program is helping me considering the progress that I have made.

Anyways, he then told me to go ahead and choose my homework to do until Monday and I decided that I would do 2 hours of cardio and stretches every day until our session at 9.  Should be easy enough to do considering the fact that I will have to walk to the gym at least 2 days and I have to stretch to keep my back feeling good.  Tomorrow I will be going to the gym for 8 or 9 as I have little miss Sophia to watch before work.  I will post my new blog by 1pm at the latest.  Like I said, no need to comment today guys, I love the support and motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment