For once I beat Jeremy to the gym! Ha ha! What a feat it was! I was even warmed up and chatting with an old coworker when he strolled in at 10 min after 9! I wound up getting a ride from Jan once again to the Clareview LRT station and then walked over to the Esso and got myself my Timmies coffee and 2 breakfast wraps for my breakfast. I then just sat there and read my ereader until I figured Nikki would be done with her session and started over towards the gym at 8.
Nikki, Matt and I stood outside and chatted until about 8:30 and then I let them go so that I could go in and get ready to start my warm up. I started off on the treadmill for 10 min and then went on the bike for 5 min. Once I was finished with the bike I went over to the railing and did some of my stretching there and then headed downstairs to the locker room to get some gum and wait patiently for Jeremy. Patient? Ya right! Not in my vocabulary. Once he came, we went over to the ladies section and he had me doing the rowing pulls while stepping to one side and pulling my leg up off the floor while doing so. Went the other way and did this probably about 15 times and then went over to the weight lifting machine to lift weights. We repeated these 2 more times and then went out into the main area to the TRX ropes.
Here I had to use the ropes to step to the side and bring my left leg behind my right leg as far down as I could and then pull myself up and carry on to the other side. This one I found hurt the middle of my back pretty bad and once again I almost cried because of the pain. I had to stop half way through and try to get myself composed enough so that I wouldn't cry and then finished off the rep. I think we did these about 20 times and then I had to go over to the bike and do a sprint on a level 4 for 4 min. Then we went back over to the TRX ropes for more, only did about 10 and then back on the bike for a 3 minute sprint.
While I was doing the bike, Jeremy went and got two mats and put them down on the floor. It was time to do some stretching even though I had done my stretches every day since friday, apparently I need to do more of them. I think the good ol wii should be fired up a little more than to just check my weight. Anyways, first we put one foot up against the inner thigh on the opposite leg, held for a minute and then did the other side. Next, we pulled both feel together and with our hands holding our ankles, pushed down on our knees with our elbows. Laying down on the mats, we pulled one leg across our bodies with the opposite hand and then repeated on the other side, holding it for 1 min on each side. Jeremy actually did all of these with me. Once this was done I had to do 50 ab crunches and then he got a step up stool and put it down under two bars that are susspended in the air while I pointed my toes and reached above my head.
He helped me up onto the stool and then I had to reach up and grab the bars and kind of hang there for ab.out a minute and then back down on the mats we went. On our hands and knees we had to stretch as far as we could with our arms extended without lifting the butt off of the ankles and held this for 1 min, then doing the same stretch but reaching across the opposite hand with each arm. Then we went over to the railing and I had to do the stretches that I had previously done earlier before he came. Once we finished, he asked if I was going to walk home or if I had the car and I said no, I either have to take the bus or walk, whichever comes first. So he said that the walk to the bus stop would be my cool down instead of the treadmill and we set up an appointment for next Tuesday at 11.
I am hoping to try and make the gym almost every day this week, except for Saturday and do stretches every day, including at least 25 ab crunches every day. Maybe if I do that I might actually be alright for the next session with Jeremy.
Last night I did wind up going to the gym with Jenn but, I will have to add on to it tonight when I get home from work as I am starting to run out of time at this point to get ready to go. More later folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment