Tuesday, 30 August 2011

Day 50

I was awakened by my lovely cell phone going off and 9:30 this morning and I'm actually glad that it did.  I could have very easily just stayed in bed for a few more hours but, I wanted to get my dear sweet workout done and then relax for the day.  However, things don't always go as planned.  I got up and had my shower and then had my oat bran with half a cup of blueberries in it and then made my way over to the bus stop.

While waiting there, I was blessed to have this wonderful woman sitting beside me that made me think that maybe I should walk over to the next stop but, she'd still be on the bus with me and I figured I would just stay there and listen to her talk to herself.  And yes, she was talking with herself, there were definitely no little gadgets attached to her ears.  So, I got onto the bus, went over to clareview and continued my walk over to the gym.

I started off on the treadmill on a 12 incline which is my normal, on a 2.2 and then after 5 min, dropped it down a full incline after another 2 min.  Every 2 min, I dropped the incline by 1 and by the time I got to a 6 incline I increased my speed to a 2.4 and then every minute after that increased it the speed by .1 until I hit a 2.8 and carried on until I hit 25 min.  I did my cool down, went to the bathroom and started to go back to the treadmill but, I wasn't quite sure that I wanted to continue on for another half an hour on there.

Instead, i felt pretty good so I jumped onto the eliptical.  I still had to take breaks while I was on it quite a few times, but there were times where I was able to go 2 - 3 min on it without stopping.  I wound up going for 22 min, which is the longest by far that I have been on the eliptical and I was really happy about that.  I've come to term with the fact that right now, my body is not quite used to the way that it moves on the eliptical and I am still happy that I was able to go for as long as I did.  I am hoping to slowly re-train my mind in the next little while and then I will be able to do whatever I want when I go to the gym without feeling guilty or upset with myself.

I still need to do my stretches tonight which I will do after supper and when I do, I will be sure to come back and edit this blog to incorporate everything else that I may be doing later on this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment