Sunday, 21 August 2011

Day 8

It's 2:30pm and holy crap am I a hurting unit right now!  My workout may have been pushed just a little too hard but, that would be my own fault!  LOL

 

This morning I was up at 6:30am to give Jan a ride to work so that I could take the car to the gym.  I made myself a couple of those flatbread buns with turkey bacon, cheese and egg on them, had my shower, and away I went!  I got there 5 min early and Jeremy was just heading down the stairs to come talk to me.  He had a conference call and asked if it was ok if he was a few minutes late.  I assured him it was fine and he just said to start with my warm up and that he would be right with me as soon as he could.

 

I knew right where I wanted to be!  On that treadmill!  I love it!  So I started my warm up by doing a 2.0 incline at a speed of 2.4.  After about 5 min Jeremy still wasn't there so I decided to up the incline and just make the most of it.  Now I was at a 4.0 incline and 2.6 speed.  I could really feel it in the back but I pushed through it and increased my speed to 2.8.  After about 2 more minutes I decreased it back down to a 2.0 to give myself a little cool down, and increased the incline to a 5.0.  So far I felt great and just decided to keep it there.  At the 25 min mark I shut down my machine, cleaned it off and decided to go walk around the gym a little bit.  I wanted to cool off because the sweat was just pouring off of me!  Jeremy still wasn't around so I figured that I would jump on the bicycle for a bit while I waited.  About 6 min in, he finally came up the stairs appologizing.  He told me at this point that half of my session with him was over and that on Thursday we would have our regular session and it wouldn't be deducted from the ones that I paid for since he wasn't with me today.  It was definitely not a problem with me.  I understand that with him being a floor manager he has responsibilities and sometimes it just can't be helped.

 

While I had him there I explained to him that there was a sharp pain that I was experiencing under the left shoulder blade and that no matter which stretches I tried to do, it just wouldn't go away.  So he had me go over to the railing, face it with my feet pretty much right next to it, hold on while leaning back.  It did the trick!  I felt my back crackle and pop in about 6 or 7 spots and it felt sooo good!

 

Away I went on my merry little way back to the treadmill where I spent another 16 min there on a 6.0 incline and a 3.0 speed.  I think this is where I pushed myself really hard but, like the saying goes, no pain, no gain!  I called it a day after that and went over to Nikki's place for a quick coffee and after a half hour we went outside for a smoke.  I was trying to get a mosquito off of me and stomped down with my left leg and all of a sudden my whole back spasmed!  OW!  That hurt!  You know you had a good workout when you are in pain!

 

Anyhow, all in all it was a great morning, afternoon, and I will be doing some stretching maybe later in the evening on the wii, just to keep the muscles moving.  Tomorrow morning I'm hoping to walk down to the gym, meeting Nikki half way and then we'll go work out on the beloved treadmill again!  I can't wait!  This is getting to be such an awesome experience!  Chow for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment