Sunday, 21 August 2011

Day 2

This morning I woke up at 9am absolutely starving.  I made myself a bowl of special K cereal and sliced up a banana to put in my cereal to kick start my morning right.  Impressive for me because I never, and I mean never, eat breakfast unless I have Dayton and Donovan here or else if I've been up for at least since 8am.  I made myself a cup of coffee and filled my 3 cup water bottle, took an IBprofen for my headache and started my morning.

 

I was supposed to be at my meeting at 10am, however, I woke up with a migraine headache and had to take my pill before I went anywhere.  So I called Jeremy and asked if I could possibly come in a little bit later.  He was ok with that so I went in for 2.  My friend Cassandra got ahold of me on Skype and we made arrangements to go for a quick coffee before my appointment.  We went to Tim Horton's for lunch and coffee and instead of going with my usual large chicken salad sandwich on white, I opted for the Turkey Bacon Club on whole wheat regular sized.  I guess 2 donuts wasn't really the right choice in regards to healthy eating but I figure that since I have been trying to eat so healthy and haven't really been doing that bad that it was ok to indulge in my craving.  It will probably be the last junky thing that I have for a couple weeks which is just fine in my eyes.

 

I went to my appointment at 2 thinking that I wasn't going to be doing a whole lot and boy oh boy was I wrong!  Jeremy had quite a few things for me to work on!  He started me on the treadmill walking for about 5 - 7 minutes, then had me doing some stretching in the legs on 2 different pieces of equipment.  I don't know what they are called but I tell you they sure stretched me and I started to feel it right away.  Boy am I out of shape!  Once that was done we went on to the mats on the floor and I said, oh boy.   It's always so hard for me to get up off the floor!  I did it anyways and they are easy stretches to do, hopefully I can describe it properly.

 

The first one we did was you sit on the mats with one leg extended and the other foot is resting just on the inside of your inner thigh.  Leaning forward slightly and this helps with some of the muscles in your back and inner thigh muscles as well.  Second one was to lay on your back and put your right foot on top of your left knee and then bend your left knee in the air while slightly pulling on your left knee with your right hand.  I was not able to go through my legs and grab my left leg so I was able to just pull my right ankle and it works just the same.  We did it with the other leg and we just held the poses for about 40 sec to 1 min.  Not sure which one.  Finally we laid flat on the mat and pointed our toes down and reached as far as we could above our heads holding that for about 1 min as well.  I felt my back crack and pop in about 6 different places and I tell you, it felt pretty good.

 

From there we went to the railing and he had me reach across my chest keeping my torso flush with the railing and then just leaning back a little bit.  Again, it's all back muscles that are being stretched because of my Scoliosis so we are just trying to get them nice and strong.  I repeated with the other hand and then it was off to the bicycles where I thought I was going to die!  LOL  Before I got on the bicycle he had me go for a walk to the corner and back stopping for a drink and then got me right onto the bicycle.  He started me off with the tension at a 2 which was really easy and then bumped me up to a 6 which was a little bit harder to do.  My legs felt like they were turning into rubber by the end of the 9 minute stretch.

 

Once that was done we were back at the treadmill for another 8 minutes of walking.  Doing all of the stuff that he asked me to do was actually quite easy and didn't bother me at all.  I told him this and just said that my real concern was when I got home and was resting like I am right now.  I told him that I was concerned of the pain that I would experience when I stopped moving and he just simply said "Well then don't stop!"  LOL

 

Jeremy is very good at what he does and he should be, with the knowledge that he has and he motivated me through the whole workout today.  I am quite happy about that.  He did ask me about my healthy choice that I made today and I told him that I chose to have 3 glasses of water first thing in the morning.  He then told me that I was to do half an hour of any excersise of my choice tomorrow whether it be in the gym or here at home and that I was not allowed to have anything to eat 2 1/2 hours before bedtime.  It makes sense and I have decided that my good ol' pal the wii walk it out is going to be put to use tomorrow morning!  :)  So I get to see Jeremy one more time this week, on Thursday bright and early in the morning.  I'm pretty excited about that.  I'll be sure to write tomorrow to let you know how well I did with my workout in the morning!

 

Figured I'd come back and finish the entire day with my food log.  :)

 

Tonight my roomie made an awesome supper, she had a tossed salad with snap peas, red peppers, yellow peppers, cucumber, and cherry tomatoes added with a chicken breast on top!  It was sooooo good that even Charlie didn't want to leave my side while I was eating!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment