Sunday, 21 August 2011

Day 39

This morning I woke up at 6am to little miss Charlie, scratching at the door to let her out.  GRRR!  She couldn't have waited another half an hour?????  Darn cat!  Anyways, I took that opportunity to jump in the shower and put on my workout clothes (New pants!) and by 7am I was out the door and on my way to the gym!

I thought that I would take the bus to the gym today as I had bus tickets available, however, I got to the bus stop and when I called buslink, found out that the next bus would be 40 min!  Considering the marvelous mosquito population at that time in the morning by looking at my arms I thought, no way.  I'm walking.  Off I went!

I made it to Esso by the gym by 7:50 and waited for Nikki to join me.  We had a coffee and a couple wraps and then hit it!  We both started off on the treadmill and then she went off to do some stretching.  I stayed on the treadmill and wound up pushing myself a bit harder than I ever had before.  I did 10 min at a 2.6 speed and incline of 3, then upped the incline to a 4 for 1 min and then a 5 for 1 min.  Afterwards, I dropped my speed down to a 2 and wound up increasing the incline every 30 seconds until I hit an incline of 11.  I stayed on that for about a min and then gradually brought the incline down.  I finished off burning 252 calories in half an hour and then went to do some hamstring stretches for a min on each leg and using the flexibility machine on each leg also for a min.

Nikki and I did something different for a change today and wound up going on the eliptical as well.  She was on it for 12 min and I wound up staying on for 10 min.  It's the longest so far that I have been on and I was quite happy with that.  When we finished with that, we went over to the railing and did a couple stretches for the back and headed home.  It was a fantastic workout today, barely any resting and very effective as I can feel it in the legs.  Hopefully tomorrow we will be able to last for the 2 hours that we are projecting!

More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment