Sunday, 21 August 2011

Day 38

Today's session with Jeremy was fantastic!  We talked quite abit throughout the hour that i was there about quite a few things and although my knee is pretty sore, I feel really good!  Jenn met me at the gym this morning at 10:30 so that she could get her membership started and then we headed up the stairs to the treadmill.  We did 10 min on there on a 2 - 2.4 speed and 2.5 incline and then moved over to the bikes where Jeremy finally came and got me.

He first had me do toe taps on one of the benches and then using this handle rope thing (not sure what it's called) I had to pull with one arm while extending the other arm in front of me about 12 times and then repeat on the other arm.  We did three of these reps and then headed downstairs to the leg machine as I like to call it.  You sit on it and put your legs behind this bar and then lift weights with your legs.  We did that 10 times and then moved over to the knee machine.  You kneel on one knee, hook your leg around a bar and lift backwards 12 times and then repeat with the other leg.  Then we went over to the stairs and with the feet hanging half off the stair, raised up on tip toes 12 times for the calf stretch.  Then with one foot half off the stair push down and stretch the calves some more.  We repeated this twice and then went over to a different machine where I had to pull the rope with both hands facing one direction across my body and hold for 30 seconds and then repeat facing the other direction with the other arm.  Once that was done we did what Jeremy calls "Sumo" squats.  With your feet pointing outwards, squat onto the bench and stand up about 12 times.  We repeated this rep twice and then finished with pulling the rope with one arm across the body 10 times and then repeating with the other arm.

Finally he had me on the eliptical for 3 min and we finished up the session.  I was actually quite impressed that I was able to do it for 3 min.  I may just have to try it again tomorrow morning when I go in on my own for my workout!  Anyways,  once Jenn and I were finished with our workouts, we gave Merv a call and he came to pick us up so that we could go and pick up Jan's car from the tire shop.  From there, Jenn and I stopped at subway for lunch and then headed to Walmart so that I could pick up a few things.

This is where the excitement comes in!  We were waiting for Kristy to meet up with us and I said to Jenn that I wanted to go and check out the pants to see if I actually had lost as much weight as I thought I did.  I picked up a 2X pair of workout pants and a 3X and went off to the dressing room.  Normally in my work pants I am a 3x so I decided to try the smaller pair on first because I knew that for sure the bigger would fit.  I started to slip them on and thought oh ya right, they aren't gonna fit over my belly.  I WAS WRONG!!!!!  I am now officially a 2X!!!  I haven't been that size since I moved to my dad's house 8 or 9 years ago!!!!  RIGHT ON!!!!  I am so much more motivated now that I can't wait to go to the gym again and work out.  I am loving this whole new life and can't wait until I can actually go into a different store other than Walmart and totally bypass the plus section!

I can't thank you all enough for the amazing support that you have given me throughout this process and I want to especially give a shout out to Nikki, Sara, Jenn, and Jan for pushing me to get my ass to the gym and do it!  I love all of you guys that have given me the support that I need!  More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment