Sunday, 21 August 2011

Day 24

I had such an amazing sleep last night!  I went to bed around 8:30pm because I was soooo tired from having been up every day for the last 3 weeks at 6am and doing to bed around 12am.  I got up at 6:30 this morning to my darling little kitty shredding some paper in my room.  YAY for me!  NOT!  Anyways, I got up, came downstairs and watched tv for an hour before getting ready to go to the gym.

Once I got to the gym I jumped on the treadmill and did 5 min at a 2.4 speed and then bumped it up to a 2.8 where I stayed for about 30 min.  Once that was done I bumped the speed up to a 2.9 and carried on for another 10 min.  For my last 15 min I went up and down from a 2.8 to 3 to 3.2 and then back down to a 2.8.  In total I did 65 min on the treadmill and burned 427 calories!  Crazy!  And I still wanted more!  Knowing that I had to leave to come home and get ready for work, I wasn't too satisfied.  I still wanted to stay and go on the bike but I left and came home.

I texted my dear sweet friend Nikki and asked her if she wanted to join me this evening for the gym and she was all for it!  Her and Matt picked me up from work at 7 and then we headed off to the gym once again.  Nikki and I did another 15 min on the treadmill and then moved over to the bikes and did 10 min there.  We got back onto the treadmill and I asked her if she wanted to do 30 min there, or if she wanted to walk to Tim Horton's by my place for the last half hour of our session.  We opted for Timmie's because coffee was sounding really good!  So, we finished off on the treadmill at 5 min and away we went.  It took us about a half hour to get to Tim Horton's, grab a cup of coffee each and then headed to my place.  In total today I have worked out or gotten 2 hours of exercise in!  I am feeling pretty sore in the back though right now so I'm not sure if the gym is going to be my friend tomorrow.  I might just opt for doing stretches and step ups at home.

I am so happy that Nikki and I got together tonight and I am also really happy that she is enjoying the gym as much as I am!

For breakfast this morning I had 2 pieces of multigrain toast with peanut butter and jam on it and then for lunch I packed 10 strawberries, 15 cherries, about a 1/2 cup of blueberries and some nuts.  I haven't had supper yet and not really sure if I should as I will be going to bed soon and Jeremy kind of frowns on the late night eating.  Maybe just something light will do.....

No comments:

Post a Comment