Sunday, 21 August 2011

Day 25

I slept in a little bit this morning due to going to bed once again fairly late.  I still got up around 8am which is still pretty good for me.  I had my breakfast of 2 pieces of flax toast with peanut butter and jam on them and a coffee to wake myself up just a wee bit.

Jan was home from work today so I did 20 min of stretching which included:

Laying on the mat with my arms reaching as far as I can over my head and my toes pointed down, then putting my right ankle on top of my left knee I lifted up and held it for about a minute and then repeated with the other leg.  Then I did the spinal extension for each side holding for about 1 1/2 min for each.  I sat up and extended my right leg and then put my left foot on my inner thigh and bent towards my toes and repeated with the other leg.  Finally I went over to the stairs and reached accross with my right hand, keeping my torso straight and leaned back a little to stretch that out a bit and repeated for the left, and then grabbed on with both hands getting my feet as close as i could and leaned back.  These I held for about 45 sec each.


Once Jan's show was done on the tv I started up the ol' wii and put on the wii fit plus.  I started with yoga which I do every time just to get myself into the mode.  I did the breathing, half moon, warrior pose, sun salutation, palm tree, chair, triangle dog, torso twists, cobra and finally the tricep extensions.  I was feeling really worked up by this point and did one of the balance games involving juggling and then did 5 min of the advanced step ups and then 30 min of the free step ups.  I stepped 3300 step ups!  Whoo!  That was a good workout!  Whenever I do that one I always tend to go at my own pace which works out to be much faster than the character on the tv but, it said that for my total 1 hr workout today I burned 347 calories!  I'm really excited about that.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get to the gym in the morning before work again and then Sunday is weigh in day again!  I hope everything is good again this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment