Sunday, 21 August 2011

Day 31

So I just got back from my workout with Jeremy and at first I thought that I would not be able to do a whole lot.  I woke up this morning with the worst pain in the back that I have had since my first day at the gym.  My shoulders and my left knee were also hurting quite a bit.  So I started on the treadmill for 5 min at a 2 speed to work myself up and Jeremy came over to get me and asked how I was doing.  I let him know about all the pain that I was in and asked if we could do a little less intensity workout today with no bike.  That was fine with him so he grabbed a mat and took me over to the hanging ropes.

We did about 15 or 20 ab crunches, 10lb weight lifts with the bar bells 3 times and then he had me sit up and take a break.  Then I layed down again and he had me extend my right leg and he took my foot and pulled it over to the side to help stretch out the back.  We repeated with the left leg and then we did one more rep of the bar bells and ab crunches.

I then had to lay on my stomach and push up with my arms to stretch the back and hold it as long as I could.  From there we went over to the railing and did the cross body back stretch, calf stretch and then I had to go up and down the stairs once. Then I pulled my head over to the right with my hand and repeated to the left and I was sent up and down the stairs again.  I had another stretch that required putting a tube like object under my back and kind of roll on it to try and work some of the kinks in my back out.  We finished off with 15 min on the treadmill on a 2.4 speed and a 10 incline and then 10 min in slowly lowered the incline down to a 3.

It was a good workout and not as high intensity but as far as I'm concerned, my back isn't nearly as sore as it was when I went in.  I think on Monday I'm going to treat Jeremy to a Timmie's gift card for all of the help and encouragemnet that he has given me.  He really is a wonderful and caring individual.


I will be posting for the next few days as I have instructions to do cardio every day except for one day until my next session with Jeremy.  Maybe I will try to do something different on the wii for cardio, who knows.....

No comments:

Post a Comment