Sunday, 21 August 2011

Day 36

This morning I was awake at 6:45am to give Jan a ride to work.  I wanted to go to the gym this morning and figured that if I was going to go walking on the treadmill for an hour that I should probably get my butt up so that I could use the car.  However, last night, Nikki and I decided that we weren't going to go after all.  So, I got home and played on the computer for about 1/2 an hour and realized that I was extremely bored.  What's the point of being up at that time if you aren't going to do something productive right?
2 hours later, I was still extremely bored.  So I got in the shower, got my workout clothes on, and away I went.  I had texted my friend Kristy and asked her if she would like to come over after I was finished with the gym since I was in the area anyways and neither one of us had anything to do later on in the day.  Then Nikki texted me and was a little perterbed because I was going to the gym without her!  So, I told her to get her butt in gear and we would go for a bit.
We did 15 min on the treadmill, stretched out the hamstrings and did the flexibility machine for a total of 1/2 an hour and then took off again.  We decided that Nikki would come over as well with Sophia and then we all set off to my place.  Nikki and I wanted to do step ups on EA Active so while one of us was busy on that for half an hour, the other was busy doing a few stretches.  Our total time today was about an hour and a half.
It was a pretty good day today and although we didn't do a variety of exercises at least we did something and later on as we were sitting outside, we felt unsatisfied with our workout today.  It was plain just too easy for me.  Not sure how Nikki felt but I didn't think that there was much in the way of sweat and hard work involved today.  I'm going to try and work out again tomorrow night and this time push myself because I just was not happy with today.

No comments:

Post a Comment