I woke up at 7:30 am feeling quite good this morning, texted my friend Jenn to make sure she was up and ready for the events of the day and got ready for my session with Jeremy. I left at 9 and started my long walk to the gym. I made it to the dollarama as Jenn was walking towards me and then she turned around and we carried on together. It took 45 min to get to the gym and my legs already felt like jello and I was already sweating!
Jeremy was very good at getting us going on our workouts. I had given Jenn a ticket that Jeremy had given me to allow her into the gym to see what kind of workout I go through when I'm with him. Within the first 5 min we were both sweating barrels let alone buckets. First up was lunges while pulling a rope 12 times towards the body and then up and down the stairs 2 times, and repeat. Then sitting on the bench and standing 15 times, down on the floor to get down on the mat on your hands and knees and raise your right hand and left leg at the same time and repeat with the other side 12 times, repeat on the bench and then repeat on the hands and knees.
After resting for a min he had us stand towards the rest of the gym and pull the rope all around our body to the right 12 times and then face the mirror and pull to the left 12 times, down on the mat for a plank to hold as long as we could and then back pulling the rope. Then we went to another machine where you put your feet on the holder, reach with both hands and lift 45lb weights towards you while keeping the back in place 12 times and then up and down the stairs once. We repeated this one more time and then were told that we could rest while walking over to the TRX ropes. At the TRX ropes, we had to hold the ropes, lean back as far as we could and lift ourselves up with our arms 12 time and then get down on the mat and do 12 ab crunches with the ropes 12 times. This is where I started to cry. I was in so much pain in the back that when I stood up after the ab crunches I couldn't help myself. I just started to cry. I did a little breathing, looked up at the roof and tried to compose myself as best as I could. Jeremy was of course very compasionate and concerned and I looked at him and said, just give me a minute, I can do this. He asked if I was sure and I thought I might have to stop for a second but, I pushed through it and did the TRX ropes again and the ab crunches. We rested for a few minutes and then went over to stretch the hamstrings and then to the next flexibility machine to help stretch out the glutes.
By the time we were done, my back was so sore and I just wanted to sit down and die. I couldn't even walk 2 min on the treadmill to cool down I was so sore. So, I gave Merv a call and asked if he could please pick us up and give us a ride home as there was no way possible I could walk another 45 min home.
After being home now for 3 hours, my back is still really tender. More tight than sore at this point and my knees on both legs are not doing so good. Jeremy has told me that he would like me to do the spinal extension when Igot home which I will try to do a little bit later. At this point and time I'm just not feeling it. This evening I have Nikki and Matt bringing Sophia over and we are maybe going to do some step ups. She may, I might not. Tomorrow the plan is to go to the gym with Nikki and work out some, after a day like today though, I'll have to see what my body will allow me to do. More tomorrow! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment