Today has been an interesting day that's for sure. I woke up in the most awful mood, jumped in the shower, tripped over the dog on the way to the bedroom, left late to catch the bus, almost missed it, while walking across the street dropped my cigarette in the middle of the intersection, couldn't get it, got to tim horton's for breakfast and noone understood a word of english, got my order paid for and was told that they didn't have any eggs and therefore had to change the thing, and then by the time I was ready to do my session, was really not ready and anxious to do it......
Jeremy came to get me from the treadmill and asked me how I was doing, so I told him that I wasn't really in a very happy mood at that time but it would surely change by the time I was done. And it did! Again, we talked throughout the session, my right leg and left knee was bugging me today so we basically just did a bunch of weight lifting today.
I started off with 5lb weight lifts while sitting on the bench and lifting the weights straight up 12 times with each arm and then 12 bicep curlups on each arm. Then, we went over to another hamstring machine that works a little bit different from the one that I am used to using. This one you use while standing up. Basically you hook your leg around a foot pedal, lean your chest onto a pad and push your leg backwards while lifting weights. Did this 12 times and then back to the bench to do more weight lifting. We did another 12 reps straight up, and then double bicep curls and then back to the hamstring machine for a repeat, 12 times on each leg. From there we went over to the railing and did calf stretching. Then I did 45 lb rowing on a different bench, moved over to the other side and reaching up on my tip toes, had to grab a bar and sit facing the machine and pulling down another 45lbs. I had to go up and down the stairs twice and repeat. This time instead of doing the stairs twice I had to go to the bike and sprint for 3 min as fast as I could and then rest. Then doing the rowing bars again, this time with 60lbs and then sprint for 2 min on the bike. Finally he had me do the cross body pull with 45lb weights and then for a cool down I did 5 min on the treadmill.
I may have left a few things out but, it's all I can remember at this time. As soon as Jenn and I were done, we headed on our way to the bus stop. By this time, I was feeling a bit better and wanted soup and sandwiches for lunch, so we went to Sobeys where I dropped a can of soup on my toe! So the bad day continues! Yay! We got home, started lunch, and when we were ready to eat, I dropped the soup ladle on the floor. Then I'm eating lunch and dropped my tomato. Clearly I am not meant to be using my hands today. However, I am slowly feeling better and by this evening I'm sure I will be for sure up to snuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment