I started my day at 7am with an ow... ow... ow! My back kept having some pinching in the muscles from my workout yesterday and I wasn't quite sure if I was gonna make it in to the gym today. So as I was waiting for Jan to get up, I ate my bowl of special K with a sliced banana in it, turned on the tv and waited. Once Jan got up, I gave up my rights to the tv, hobbled outside to have my smoke, and then came in and sat in the chair. The pain went straight from the tail bone up to my neck and I grabbed the yoga mat and spread it out on the floor. I laid on my back and reached as far as I could above my head and pointed my toes and I could feel the tension very slowly ease up a little bit.
Once I was finished that, I put my right ankle on my left leg and pulled the left leg off the floor. AAAAAH, that feels better! Except for the fact that I have Tweep's butt practically in my face, Lily on the other side trying to lick my face, and Charlie circling me. I felt so loved! :) I switched legs and lifted the right leg off the floor and tweeps decided that was the perfect opportunity for her to lay where my feet were! Dang cats anyways!
I was feeling much better by this point and decided to do two more stretches, just to be sure I was good. I raised my left leg up and reaching with my right hand, grabbed my thigh and pulled it over, while leaving my shoulders on the floor. OOOOH YA! Repeated with the other side, rolled up the mat and went over to the stairs. I got as close as I could, reached up and grabbed the bars, and then bent forward and leaned back a little stretching the spine just a wee bit. Finally! I was good to go! My legs at this point were still stiff to a point from yesterdays session but I was definitely feeling alot better than I did when I woke up.
At 11, Jan and I went to Costco grocery shopping, and then when we got back, she left to one of her appointments and I talked on the phone with my dear friend Patty. When Jan got home, she asked if I was still going to the gym and if I was, would I like a ride? Sounds good to me! So I had a bagel with a little bit of mayo on it (only on one side, normally it's both!) turkey breast, cheese and 2 slices of tomato on it followed by a Ceasar Salad. Then it was off to the gym I went. On the way I texted Nikki and she said she would like to come too, so, I waited for her and we jumped on the treadmill. I walked for 13 min, and then had to stop because i had a bad itch in my throat causing me to cough and drink some water (How sad is that, that I can't do two things at once? LOL). Then I walked another 10 min and by this time, we both had done about 25 min. We took a washroom and drink break and then got back on. I walked for about 10 min while Nikki did a couple of the other machines and then she came back and joined me again with the treadmill. I stopped my treadmill and we both started our last stretch at the same time this time at a higher speed. We did 15 min at a 3 speed and it was totally awesome! By the time our cool down was done we both wound up working out on the machines for more than an hour! I could barely manage 40 min the other day! That was awesome!
Jan was supposed to pick me up at this point and I tried calling but, she didn't hear her phone ring and I wound up waiting over half an hour before I called her brother (Merv) to see if he could come get me. Once he did, him and I went to tim horton's for a coffee and then back home. By this time Jan was home and we decided to go to Boston Pizza for supper. I ordered the Jambalaya Pasta and a side ceasar salad and when they brought my salad I asked them to bring me 2 to go containers. This was something I have never done before and I am soooo proud of myself for doing it, because I would normally just eat everything. So I divided up my salad and my main course and brought the rest home!
All in all, it was a wonderful day and I am so happy that Nikki, Sara and I are trying to do this together! I also have the support of all of you guys as well as my family and I just want you to know that it is keeping me going! So keep those comments coming guys! I do read them all and appreciate them! If you have any tips at all for me, please do not hesitate to share them!
No comments:
Post a Comment