It's been 3 weeks since I started down this road and I have totally amazed myself that I am so dedicated to this more and more each day. Every time I go into the gym I try to push myself just a little bit harder wether it be longer or faster on the treadmill, more reps for a certain weight, completing a maximum amount of strength exercises, whatever. But today, I went into the gym at 9 this morning, got on the treadmill, popped in my tunes and started off on a 2.4 speed on a 3 incline. Before I knew it I had gone 8 min and I wasn't out of breath, in fact, my legs were feeling pretty good and my heart rate was actually really good as well. So, I bumped up the speed a bit to a 3. I did this for 10 min on the 3 incline and then reduced the incline to a 2. I carried on for another 5 min and then dropped my speed back down to a 2.8. I can't remember how many times I had changed the speed up and down or the incline but, I did reach a 5 incline for 2 min at a 2.6 speed and not once did I drop the speed lower than 2 or the incline lower than 2 in the course of 1 hour! I didn't stop the whole time, just reduced the speed so I could grab a drink and up it went again. I feel fantastic!
Another reason for my great mood today is that today happens to be my weigh in day. For someone that is limited to the things she can do at this time, I have lost another 3 lbs this week for a total weight loss of 9 lbs!!!! I am finding that I have been in a great mood more and more every day and it is all thanks to this lifechange that I have chosen to do. I am having so much fun and I love it when I get to go with Nikki and her fiancee Matt or just by myself. It is definitely something that I never would have had the guts to do before.
While at the gym I also did sideways arm lifts with 5lb bar bells. I did 12, rested for about a min and then did 10. I plan to do some more stretches once I am done here and probably about 30 min of step ups. I hope everyone is having a super day and I will post tomorrow after my session at 10am with Jeremy.
No comments:
Post a Comment