Oh my goodness, oh my goodness! This morning I was up at 7am, had my cereal for breakfast and then a bagel for snack and Jeremy called. Finally! I was waiting for him to get back to me so that we could set up an appointment for this week. Apparently he had room for me today and asked if I could come in at 2? I was a little skeptical because yesterday before work, I decided to do step ups for 20 min. I put my headphones on, and did them to the beat of my music. By the time I was done I had done 2365 step ups! That is amazing! And I still felt great! By the time I got home from work though, I wasn't feeling so hot. My legs were stiff and sore and I was extremely tired.
Anyways, I got dressed and headed to the gym for 2. I did 9:30 min on the treadmill for my warm up and then Jeremy came and got me for my workout. The first thing I had to do was pull a rope in to my sides and squat, then step to the side, and repeat, probably about 20 times total. Then I had to go up and down the stairs twice and back at the rope for another 20 of the previous exercise. Back up and down the stairs twice more I went and then we headed to the ladies only room. This is where I really started to tire out quick. I had three exercises to do in a row, rest then repeat. The first machine was pretty much a chair with a board in front of me. I had to put my feet up on the board, pull the lever on the side and lower myself as far as I could towards my feet. Then I had to let go and use my legs to lift 65 pounds by pushing myself back up. I had to do this about 12 times and then I had to go to the next machine. This one was kind of like a chair as well with a bar for your feet to rest on and another bar that gets lowered down to rest on top of your thighs to keep your legs in place. Then you have to push down with your feet and do more weights about 12 times as well. Finally I had to go to the chin up machine (that's what I call it anyways) and take a pulley type thing with my right hand and with my arm extended pull the rope as far behind me to the right as I could 15 times. And then repeat with the other arm. Once the "Lap" was completed we went out to the main area again to do rowing, pullups I think they are called? It's with 2 ropes that hang from the rafters and then you have to kind of lean back, holding your arms straight to keep your body kind of suspended and then pull up. I had to do this 15 times and then on to side lunges with a 4.5 weight and pulling up to the other side in the air. 12 times for that, repeat the pullups, repeat lunges, and then we tried I think it's called the eliptical. Unfortunately, my knee wasn't up to it so I wasn't able to do that. We did 3 min at a level 10 on the bike and then went to another type of eliptical that doesn't go around, just swings your legs back and forth. I did that for 3 min and then I had to do lunges on top of a ball type thing that's flat on one side.
For my cool down I was able to go to the treadmill and I worked at that for 5 min at a 3 speed and then 4:30 min of a cool down. All in all, it was a great workout. Once I got home however, I relaxed for a few min and all of a sudden my whole body is in huge pain. My legs don't want to work, my shoulders are tight, and my upper arms kind of hurt as well. My back is ok! That's the only surprising thing. It only hurts if I step a certain way once in awhile. Tonight I am going back to the gym with nikki and we are going to make sure to really give ourselves a good workout tonight. :) I will post that one onto tomorrows note. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment