Thursday, 25 August 2011

Day 44

Ok so I slacked a little on the blog area the last couple days.  Let's see if I can remember what happened.  Well, Jeremy said that my homework was to take Tuesday off for me and while I was really looking forward to it, I just couldn't go through with it.  I got up in the morning to meet with Shawn at Esso because I had talked to Mike (my boss) about getting him a job there.  From there, Shawn came back here and hung out with me for the day.  It was pretty nice and relaxing, we didn't really do much, just sat here and watched tv and chatted throughout the day.  He then offered to make supper for us and we wound up having fish, thai curry noodles and steamed peas.  He did a really good job with it!  After supper was over, Jan went to go pick up the dogs from the groomers and I was feeling really guilty for not going to the gym.  I have no idea why, maybe cause I was bored, and missed it, I don't know.  So, when Jan got home, I borrowed the car and headed over to the gym where I met Nikki and Matt.

Instead of starting off on the treadmill like normal, we decided to start off on the eliptical.  The gym was really busy and almost every treadmill was either busy or broken.  So, the eliptical it was.  I did a total of 17 min, which is pretty good, but what frustrated me was that my left knee was still bothering me and my right thigh was in a bit of pain so every minute to a mintute and a half I had to stop and take a break.  I was so dissappointed in myself and decided finally to go and do the bike for 10 min.  Even doing the bike didn't really do anything for me and I just gave up.  I suppose looking back I could have maybe done some stretching but, at the time I was really upset with myself and just decided to call it a night.  Sometimes you just can't do what you want to do.

Yesterday I took as my rest day and it was definitely a rest day not to mention a slacker of a day for healthy food choices.  I had a pizza pita sandwich from work and a pepporoni cheese stick and then later on we had McDonald's for supper.  I had 2 grilled chicken spicy snack wraps and a medium fries.  I probably could've cut out the fries, but, I figured, what the heck?  I've been pretty good with my food intake the last couple months.

Today I got my butt out of bed quite early, 6am in fact, and was ready to go to the gym by the time Jan was ready to leave for work.  She gave me a ride to the superstore parking lot and I was at the gym by 8:30.  I started myself on the treadmill at a 12 incline and 2 speed for 4 min and then every 2 min bumped the incline down by .5.  Once I hit a 9 incline I lowered the incline to 8.5 and bumped the speed to 2.1 a min it.  Eventually I was at a 5 incline and a speed of 2.6.  I wound up burning 313 calories in the 34 min that I was on the treadmill and then decided to try the Eliptical once more.  I was not going to let the sucker get me!

I started off at a pretty slow pace and kept that going for 5 min before I had to take a break and drink some water and then got right back to it again.  Stopped at the 10 min mark and had another drink and went for another 3 1/2.  This time I stopped for about a min and then carried on.  My total time was 20 min and I had burned another 200 calories!  I was so excited that I had to text Nikki and let her know!  She knew how upset I was on Tuesday for not being able to do it so she was quite happy for me that I was able to do it today.

Tomorrow I have a session with Jeremy at 11 and although I am a little concerned about the left knee, I am really hoping that it will be better.  I want to be able to do the workout tomorrow with as little stopping as possible so that I can get the most effect out of it.  Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment