Sunday, 21 August 2011

Day 1

Ok so the smoking thing wasn't really a success... yet.  I will work on that once I start getting myself to a position where I can actually do it without going for food, so I have decided that the first step to that is to go on a diet and get these pounds off of me!

 
My first step was going to the doctor last Monday (On my birthday) to talk to him about what kinds of things I can do for excersise safely without triggering the scoliosis.  He didn't help much, perscribed T3's and told me to go get an xray done and then we'll talk about it.  So I took things a little further and went to The World Health Club website to get an appointment set up to talk to someone there and see if they can help me.  I went in for the first consultation on Tuesday and I signed up for a gym membership right then and there.  The kid that was talking to me was very nice and eager to get me set up with a personal trainer right away.  He talked with me on the phone for a little bit about what I wanted to accomplish and why I had decided to do this and he then told me that Jeremy (my personal trainer) has scoliosis as well and was very eager to meet me and discuss some further options.

 
Tuesday I went into the consultation and met Jeremy and while we were sitting there talking about what we could do, he told Cody (the kid who set up the appointment) he wanted to work with me personally.  He then proceeded to tell me what he wanted to do with me roughly.  What impressed me is that he really did seem to care and he really did seem to want to help me out.  I didn't know that that was how it worked in a gym.

 
Tonight I went for my second consultation with Jeremy.  I am still quite impressed with the way we are proceeding ahead.  Unfortunately, I only get 24 sessions with him and with the plan that he wants to do with me, it will be pretty costly.  Looks like I won't be doing alot of things that I want to do. (ex. buy a car, go on trips etc...)  It is worth it though because my health is first and foremost more important than anything at this point. Jeremy also asked me what my goal was for weight loss and when would I like to achieve it.  I told him that I wasn't sure what my ideal weight was for a person of my age and height but that I thought that it should be somewhere around 180-185.  I hit it right on the nose!  My ideal weight is supposed to be 181 so by this time next year I should be there with Jeremy's help.

 
So my thought to help me along my way is to keep a record of everything that I am doing to undergo this journey and what better way than to share with my family and friends on facebook!  I need all the inspiration and motivation to keep me going that I can get so I am really looking forward to your guy's comments!

 
Tomorrow I have my next consultation with Jeremy at 10 in the morning, he is going to be taking me to the Chiropractor area of the building because he had spoken to the girl about me and she really would like to meet me and talk about things that she might be able to do as well to help out.  For the next 4 weeks we are going to be working on strengthening the back with alot of stretching and treadmill work.  Then 8 weeks of toning the body with muscle so that the weight can come off and core excersises.  Finally 8 weeks will be concentrating on getting the weight off and staying off!  It's going to be a long journey but soooo worth it!  I am so glad that I went to that website!

 
Another thing that I have done to try and help me lose weight is I joined The Biggest Loser Club.  I am really interested to get things going there as well because they are going to be sending me a few of the books to help me get started in healthier eating and also I get a food log that I can record all of my calorie, fat, sodium intake and so on to keep me on track.  So with the biggest loser and Jeremy, and my determination, I am hoping to maybe be at my ideal weight ahead of my goal and then I can start the no smoking process once I notice the weight is coming off a bit more.  Anyways, this is the plan for the next little while, feel free to send me some of your favorite healthy foods or recipes that you would like to share!  I will write more tomorrow!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment