Monday, 2 January 2012

Day 172 - Weigh in, Session

Thank goodness it's a new year!  Now that the holidays are over and my schedule is a little bit more free I will be able to get the daily blogs up every day instead of every couple of days.  On Saturday I was hoping to get to the gym before 6 and stay in bed until at least 4 or 5 and watch movies all day.  That was the plan anyways.  However, I made the mistake of coming downstairs and making myself a cup of coffee at 9am and sitting on the chair with my blanket for a few min after breakfast.  And then the dreaded phone rang.  It was my Aunt Cher and although I wanted to stay home, I realized that I wanted also to go out.

She asked me to come to her place and spend the night as her birthday is on the 1st and she wanted to play games and have a good time.  So, she came and picked me up at 3pm and away we went with the stipulation that someone had to go for a walk with me later that evening so that I could get my cardio in.  Stacey (my cousin)  came with me at 8 pm and we went for an hour walk and then came back to have a contest to see who could do the plank the longest.  Of course, she won.  Only by a couple of seconds though :)

This morning I was up at 8:30 and really excited to go to my session today.  Alot had happened on the weekend and I was hoping to hear about his weekend as well.  So, I wound up being about 5 min late, yay me, and did a 5 min warm up on the treadmill and then he came to get me.

We started off doing 12 reverse lunges on the TRX ropes, and then 12 rowing pulls.  Had a quick drink and then back into the reverse lunges and the pulling rows again.  Once finished with that I had to do walking lunges from one side of the gym to the other and back and then do side lateral step outs while lifting weights 12 times on each side.  We repeated these 2 exercises 2 more times and then I was lucky enough to do my favorite, the stairs!  I had to carry the 7.5 lb dumbells down the stairs and up 2 times and then go down and up the stairs 2 more times without.  By the time I got up the stairs the fourth time, Jeremy had informed me that my hour walk on Saturday didn't count towards my cardio homework and he thought that I should have come to the gym instead because it is higher intensity.  What a guy!

I have news for that boy, let me tell you!  Anyways, I don't know when my next session is, I believe it is Friday at 10am.  Jeremy is supposed to be texting that info to me a little later today.  He will also text me my homework because we were so busy talking about other things that we forgot to discuss the essentials. 

My weigh in was not done yesterday as I was in Devon until 3pm so I figured I would weigh in today.  I stepped on the scale and cringed because I didn't know how it was going to turn out with it being the Christmas holiday and all.  I am at 219!  45lbs lost!  Wow that feels good!  I am very proud of myself and also very thankful for all of the support that I have from everyone and especially to Jeremy for being kind and patient with me, even when I am being extremly difficult.  I only have 9 sessions left with him and I will not be renewing because I think I have spent enough money and I am pretty sure that I am able to get the last 40lbs off on my own.  I just hope that Jeremy and I will be able to keep in touch and that we can be friends when it is all said and done.  He is a huge motivator for me!

I will be heading to the gym every day this week, so the posts will still be coming.  I hope everyone had a fantastic new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment