I can't believe it has been almost half a year already since I started out on this journey. I know, I say that every few months but, really? I usually give up a few days or a couple weeks into anything that I start. This is just awesome that I am just as dedicated now as I was day 1. I know that there have been a few moments where I have wanted to give up, however, it is only because of the fact that I am so tired of being in pain all of the time. I have come to accept that the pain will never fully go away. I may not like it, and I don't have to like it but, it is never going to be completely gone.
I almost thought at one point in my shift today that I didn't want to continue working at McDonalds. Not because I don't like it there, but that every night, I am in so much pain when I get home that it is almost unbearable. My feet hurt so bad right now that I don't even know if I am going to make it to my session. If I don't go to the session though, I won't feel any better and I know that. Sometimes in this life you have to make a choice, stick through it and just deal with the outcome. A person has to accept it.
This morning I woke up a little late, due to the fact that I didn't get to bed until late last night and I had a crappy sleep to start with. Once I finally managed to get sleeping good, it was time to get up. So I came downstairs, made myself my awesome breakfast of toast, turkey bacon, egg, cheese slice and a slice of tomato. Yum!
Once I finished, I talked to my grandma on the phone for about 10 min, Jan for 20 min and then jumped in the shower to get ready for the gym. My plan was to go to the gym, have my workout and then go to work straight after. Boy was that ever a stupid idea! Thank god my session is in the morning tomorrow.
I walked over to the Esso, grabbed a couple packs of smokes, my pay stub and headed on over to the gym. Once I got there I decided to get on the eliptical for 10 min at a level 6. I was hitting speeds of 4.7 and 4.8 which is something I have never done before. Wow, cool! From there, I decided to give my feet a little bit of a break and got on the bike and did that for 5 min. By this time I was sweating bullets and thought, well, maybe I will cool down a little on the treadmill for 30 min. Ya right. I varied my speed and incline and wound up hitting a 3.3 speed and 6.5 incline for 2 1/2 min. Again, something I haven't done before. I was feeling pretty good at this point and wanted to continue on but, I had to get my butt in gear and go to work.
I walked across the parking lot, went into the Esso, grabbed a large Timmie's coffee and was chatting with the girl behind the counter when I heard someone say "Krista, you are holding up the line!" I turned around and there was Jeremy smiling like a cheshire cat. What a little bugger. So, I talked to him for a couple min and then headed on my way to work. On my way to work, I saw someone walking down the street and she looked familiar but, with my eye sight, which is attrocious, I couldn't tell who it was until they were almost 2 feet away. It was one of my coworkers, Reetu. She was sent home due to the fact that it was really slow.
Needless to say, it was pretty neat because the last couple of days, I have been running into or seeing people at work that I normally wouldn't see. Jeremy was in to McDonald's twice yesterday, once just to say hi and the second time because he was hungry. Silly boy. I also saw two of my former co-workers from the other McDonald's, Mark and Mitchell. I love where I work!
So, now that it is 12:42am, I am going to finish drinking my coffee, attempt to do my stretches and core homework, and then get to bed. I have to be up in 6 hours to get ready for my session and those will probably take me until 1:30 or even 2 before I'm done. Sheesh! This kinda sucks! Good thing I am off on Saturday!
Since my session is at 10am, I will most likely be home by 12 at the latest and I will have my blog up shortly after that.
No comments:
Post a Comment