Monday, 23 January 2012

Day 193 - Session

My day started off with a sore throat and coughing and has progressed a little bit more.  However, I did go to my session, and now I am feeling ok body wise, still having the cough though.  I don't know what is wrong really, I have been very proud of the accomplishments that I have made so far but, I am still feeling pretty... what's the right word here... disappointed, frustrated maybe a little bit with myself.

Unfortunately there is nothing that anyone can say to me to help me out with this, it's just something I have to figure out on my own.  I feel like my body isn't good and that I can't do some things that Jeremy asks me to do without having to stop and rest for a couple of seconds.  For this reason I am so angry with myself and just wish that I would be good, just for once, no pain, no issues.  It is getting ridiculous and I feel like I am failing.  I see the results, yes, but I want to FEEL results. 

Enough wallowing, on to the session.  We started off downstairs doing squats with a 20lb barbell almost hitting the floor and then raising it up above the head 12 times, then we went over to a different piece of equipment to use a bar and do 10 pushups and 10 body rows.  I had to repeat the squats another 40 times and then back over to do pushups and rows.  One more time with the pushups and then I had to do 12 squats with a 30lb barbell.

We then went upstairs where I had to do 12 pushups, do the squats with a 16lb medicine ball, raise it above the head and then drop it on the floor 15 times and the stairs 2 times.  Repeated this 2 more times and then we worked on some balance.

For this Jeremy said that we were going to do the plank on the exercise ball.  He reminded me that I told him I would do it and I said yes I would.  I always tell him the way it is, and follow through on my word.  It did take me a couple of minutes to figure out how to do it.  I am not a very smart person when it comes to figuring out how to work my body to get myself up into some of the positions but, I did it.  I then had to do 12 rowing pulls on the TRX ropes, and then back to do balancing squats on top of the Bosu ball.  I went and did the stairs 2 more times and then repeated everything.

Finally, he had me finish my session by doing a few stretches of my choice and then we met over at the Tim Hortons and I got us a coffee each.  Jeremy had asked me throughout the session what I did this weekend and I had told him that I went to the farmer's market on Saturday with Sara and her mom.  He then asked me if I bought "magic beans".  It took me a second to figure out what he was talking about but, we both started laughing and I just had to shake my head at him.  Where he comes up with these things I don't know.  But it was funny.  He then went on to tell me the story about Jack and the Beanstalk and I just couldn't do anything but laugh.  Sometimes that boy is just strange!

Considering the fact that I have been saving all of my change in the last few weeks I have managed to save almost 200 dollars, so I have made a decision that hopefully by next month, maybe, I will be buying my own car.  I hope it works out that way but I will have to see what happens and how much I can save by then.  I still have one more paycheck in January and the first one in February is basically a free cheque.  So maybe, it will happen.

Jeremy and I have set up a session for next Monday at 10 again, however, I have been thinking about it and I may cancel that appointment for next week.  I am not a hundred percent sure if I am wanting to do it or even be around anyone.  Right at this moment, I just want to go away for a few days.  I believe I need some time off away from people, and just be by myself to sort out my issues.  I will see how I feel later on the week before I make the final decision though.

My homework is to do 1 hour and 10 min of cardio for the next 5 days, which I have plans to blow that right out of the water and of course, stretches daily, wether or not I go into the gym.  Again, I have plans to go over and above that and get in some strength training as well.  I am hoping that I will be able to be in really good shape for my next session and not have to stop every couple of minutes.  I will be heading to the gym tomorrow for a couple of hours considering the fact that I am off from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment