Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Day 194

Again I woke up with a sore throat and no voice.  I'm not sure what is going on, I feel fine, just no voice.  As the day went on it slowly started to come back but as I am sitting here writing this, it has started to fail me once again.  I am getting a little annoyed with it, but what do you do?  Oh well.

I got up at 6:30 this morning to give Jan a ride to the LRT.  I was hoping to go to the gym early and get a 2 hour workout done.  However, I gave her a ride, stopped for coffee and Timmie's and came home.  I maybe drank not even a quarter of my coffee and wound up throwing the rest out and going back to bed until 11am.  Once I woke up the second time, I called my buddy Cassandra and made arrangements for the day.  I went and picked her up at around 12pm, we grabbed a couple coffee and headed back here to the house.  I made breakfast for the two of us and we had a very nice visit.  I missed talking and visiting with her.  Before I gave her a ride home, I did my stretches, even though my butt and my legs hurt so much from yesterday's workout.

I had figured out that I probably did about 100 squats yesterday and 50 pushups, which explains why I was so tender today.  But, it is all worth it in the end.  Cassandra and I left at about 3:30, picked up Jan from the LRT and then I drove Cassandra home and came home.  At 6:30 I decided that I should probably get to the gym to get my workout done.

I pulled into the parking lot and circled the building twice to find absolutely zero parking spots!  Man it was busy!  On my second venture around the building, I received a text messsage from Jeremy.  He had finally sent me the picture of himself that I will eventually be posting on here.  Not too sure if I want to share it though.

I decided that since it was so busy at the gym, I would go over to Tim Horton's again for a coffee.  I sat there for a half an hour and wandered over once more.  This time I was lucky enough to get a spot and I pulled into it quickly.  I finished my coffee and headed inside.

My intent was to be at the gym for a total of 2 hours today.  I wasn't planning on doing too much intensity as I was pretty sore and I thought that maybe I would just take it a little easier today.  I managed to do a half an hour on the treadmill with an incline of 2.5 and the speed at 2.4.  I only burned about 200 calories, if that, and opted to go home.  Usually if it is that busy in the gym, they say that you are only allowed to use a machine for 30 min max so others have a chance to use it.  Since I wasn't up to doing any of the other machines, I decided to leave.

Tomorrow if my legs are good, I will be going back the gym and doing my 2 hour workout at that time.  We will have to see what happens.  Anyways, for those of you that have requested for me to post the picture of Jeremy, I am posting it now.  This way you have a face to the name, and also those of you that are coming to my party in July, you will get a chance to meet him as well.  I am very happy that he is such a nice guy and I have been lucky to have someone like him helping me in my journey!  :)


Thanks to you Jeremy!!!  You da best!

No comments:

Post a Comment