This morning was very stressful and hectic for about an hour today. I woke up at 8:30, had my breakfast, which consisted of 2 1/2 tablespoons of activia yogurt and a piece of toast with a slice of cheese, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, and an egg on it. It was of course yummy and then I proceeded to go upstairs and have my shower. As I was getting out of the shower the phone rang, so I ran to go get it and it was a bill collector. I asked him to call back in 5 min, turned around to go get dressed, looked out the window and there was someone here to pick an item up for Jan. I heard the doorbell, ran over to the window, yelled at him to hang on a minute and quickly got dressed. I ran downstairs, dealt with him, was just coming inside when the phone was ringing again. Dealt with the bill collector, went back upstairs, and finished getting ready for the gym. Sheesh! I hate being that busy when I'm not fully awake in the morning!
I figured since I still had some time that I would stop for a coffee before I hit the gym. I was sitting there minding my own business and all of a sudden the door opened and there was Jeremy. He went and got himself a coffee and sat down with me for a few minutes. It was then that I told him that I would be entering the contest because of the fact that I had bought new shoes and insoles for my work shoes and that my feet really don't hurt all that much. Of course, he was very excited and happy to hear that and the proceeded to tell me that I don't need to wear a sports bra if I am uncomfortable doing that but, that I could wear a tighter fitting shirt if I wanted. That to me was satisfactory and with my feet hopefully on the mend, I am starting to think that maybe I can do it.
We said our goodbyes, and I finished my coffee as he went back to work and then I headed over myself. I started off on the treadmill at a 4.5 incline and a 2.9 speed. I was feeling pretty good so after a min I increased the speed to a 3.2. I dropped it back down to a 2.9 for a min and then back up to a 3.3. Each minute I either increased or decreased the min as per what Jeremy had requested. 17 min in my right leg started to get a little sore in the hamstrings so I had to cool it for about 5 min to get to a more comfortable state. So I decreased the incline to a 2.5 and the speed down to a 2.5. At 30 min I started again slowly increasing the speed each min and wound up hitting a 3.7 for a min. My highest so far! I burned 361 cal in the 45 min that I was on the treadmill and decided that maybe I should try something else. My feet were starting to feel a little sore so I wanted to take it easy.
I went into the ladies only room and jumped on the eliptical and for the first min I was on a level one, second, level 4, and slowly increasing to a level 7. I carried on for 10 min not letting my speed go any lower than a 4 and called it a day. I wound up burning an additional 100 cal there and for me, as of lately, almost 500 cal was really good!
Now that I am home, before work I will again be doing my stretching. I will also be rolling the ball on the feet to make sure that I am in really good shape for work again tonight and then hopefully I am going to attempt the plank for at least a min this time and some ab crunches. I might even throw some pushups in there. Tomorrow I will be hopefully going over to the gym a little earlier as I want to be able to stop at the store for a couple of items for my lunch before I come home. Not to mention the fact that I want to try and get myself to a point where I can push just a little bit harder next week to start pouring the weight off and win that damn contest! :)
How exciting Krista! I think you can do it:) I can see how you are changing. As you are more active and getting stronger I can hear in your blog you're feeling more confident. I'm proud of you and your persistence is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteNadine