Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Day 180

This morning I woke up to more pain in the feet and I thought that maybe I would be able to suck it up and go to the gym anyways.  As I kept moving around the house, I noticed that it still wasn't letting up.  Jeremy had mentioned to me yesterday that I should maybe think about going to the Running Room and picking up a pair of shoes with more stability.  So as I was sitting here in pain I went to go and get ready for the gym, I figured since Jan was home from work, I would borrow the car to go to the gym.  But then I thought, I still have some money left over from my cheque, so I'm going to go and shop around for shoes. 

I went into the Running Room and the clerk was very helpful for me.  I wound up trying on a few pairs and the very first one I put on, I stood up in them and it was instant relief!  I couldn't believe that I was able to walk around and not have any pain at all!  Amazing!  The clerk had also suggested that I go to Costco and get a pair of the orthopedic insoles for my other shoes, that they may help.

So, I purchased my shoes, bought an acuball to roll under my feet, and headed on to Costco.  I bought the insoles that I was recommended to buy and came home.  I was so excited to try them out so I put them in my boots that I usually wear for work.  NO PAIN!!!!  Since there are 2 pairs I have decided to put one in my boots and use the other pair to put into my gym shoes for my sessions so that I have no issues at all when I go to do my workouts.  I am hoping that it will help to resolve the problem and if by Friday, I still have no problems, I will be entering the contest at the gym.

I am going to do my stretching before I go to work, so that I am able to completely finish a shift without any pain at all.  If it works.  But tomorrow I will be going to the gym for my full hour session on the treadmill either in the morning or by 11:30 at the latest.  I hope everything works out, I really want that 10 grand!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment