Friday, 10 February 2012

Day 210

I did not go to the gym today, and I am feeling extremely guilty.  For the last 3 weeks I feel like I have accomplished nothing really and that I haven't been giving it my all.  I also feel like I am starting to slip and I am not sure why I am but, I do know that I cannot allow myself to do this anymore.

When I started my job with McDonalds I was very happy to finally be going back.  I know, McDonalds, you can do so much better than that.  At least that's what everyone keeps telling me all of these long years that I have worked for the company.  I love my job, I love the people I interact with, especially the staff.  I get new challenges every single time I go in and that is what intrigues me.

About a month ago, I started to notice that my feet were getting really bad.  I also noticed that I would stay home from the gym more, neglect my stretches more and now I just can't do it anymore.  I put in my notice at McDonald's last night.  I can't do this job physically and it really makes me feel like I am defeated.  I feel useless and I know that it is not my fault, that my body can't take standing on my feet for 8 hours a day and running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

My eating habits are starting to get really out of wack too.  It's not like before where I was eating way more than I should have been, but it is slipping as well.  And so, because of the back, feet and unhealthy eating habits, this is why I have decided to quit.  I have no choice.  I have to.  If I want to continue on my journey of a healthier lifestyle and if I want to get any better, I have to remove myself from the restaurant scene immediately.

Last week I applied for a job at Epcor.  I had a mini interview on the phone, and then went in this past Tuesday for an actual person to person interview.  I believe I did well, in fact, Sara works there and she gave me the heads up that my name is on the "yes" pile.  So, I handed in my notice to McDonalds.  My whole thought process was, even if it doesn't pan out for Epcor, I still have my job at Esso.  I called them before I started work and asked them if I could come back full time if I did not get the job at Epcor.  They said they will find something for me and not to worry about how I will be making my bills.

I have been on an emotional roller coaster today.  Like I said, I feel really bad for leaving.  I really did think that I was going to be ok and that I could do the job.  This frustrates me to no end because I really didn't want to quit.

However, once I got home from work, I did do my stretches.  The pain was almost unbearable as I haven't done any stretches since Monday and of course my feet are really bad right now as well.  I sure hope this Plantar Fasciatis will go away soon.  I don't need it on top of the scoliosis and I am really tired of almost falling when I get out of bed in the morning.

Tomorrow morning I hope to be up at 8 am so that I am able to go to the gym.  I really do wish that my feet will be ok because I just want to go and lose myself for a couple of hours.  I need some time to think, and I need some time to pick myself back up and get back on track.  Only I can do this and no amount of motivation and support can do that for me.  I have to do it on my own.  I have also been doing a lot of thinking about getting more sessions.  I was originally thinking that if I could afford to pay the money before, I can pay the money again.  After thinking about it, and wondering if I really can do this on my own, I have concluded that I am not going to purchase more.  I need to stand on my own two feet and give it my all.  I have come so far with a bit of help, but I will do the rest by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment