I actually made it up before 11am today. I am quite proud of the fact that I was up at 9:30am and out the door headed to the gym by 11. I got to the gym, avoided Jeremy successfully, and got onto the treadmill. I did a 4.5 incline and a 2.6 speed for 15 min and then increased the speed to a 2.8 for another 5 min. I then increased the speed once more to a 3.0 for 3 min and then finished the other 2 min at a 3.2. I hit the cool down button and at the end of the 30 min I wound up burning 210 calories. I figured that was pretty good and wiped my machine off.
I decided that I wanted to at least try the eliptical for a little bit and started heading over to the ladies only room where I was intercepted by Jeremy. I really didn't want to see him or talk to him today because I am still very upset with the outcome of this whole job thing and although I am really happy to be hopefully going to Epcor and doing something that is good for me, I am still really upset at the fact that I am unable to do what I want to do. Anyways, Jeremy asked me how I was doing and asked if I had gotten the final confirmation yet. I told him that I wasn't really good today, and that no I didn't yet. He said to keep my head held high basically and that we would talk on Monday because he wanted me to finish off my workout.
So I carried on to the eliptical and wound up doing a level 1 for 5 min to get used to it again and then bumped it up to a 6 for another 5 min. I never went down under a 4.2 speed which is pretty good for me. I jumped off and wound up burning 100 calories there. So in total I burned 300 calories today in a 40 min workout which seemed to make me feel pretty good. I will be going back to the gym tomorrow and Sunday as well and hopefully I will be able to stay a little bit longer.
I am doing my stretches pretty soon here before I have to go to work and as it is Friday, I will probably have to do them again when I get home. One more week of excruciating pain, and then I can maybe get back to normal pain. Sounds so weird when I write it like that and then read it but it is true. Normal pain is definitely better than the lateral.
No comments:
Post a Comment