Monday, 27 February 2012

Day 218 - Session

Well, today was 1 of my last 3 sessions with Jeremy.  We were both very chatty today and even though there was alot of talking going on, the session went by smoothly and was very effective.  I even got to learn a new exercise today!  I wound up expressing my concern to Jeremy about what I was going to do without him and he replied back with "I'm still going to follow up with you and be mad at you if you don't do your stretches every day and your cardio.  Don't you worry about that!"  I'm really going to miss the sessions with that boy!

However, I do have the confidence to carry the rest of this journey on my own and who knows?  Maybe once the next set of sessions are paid for, I may just purchase some more, only for the reason that I always have so much fun!

I started off on the treadmill for my warm up, and then when Jeremy came to get me, he commented that it looked like I had lost quite a bit of weight in the upper body.  I told him that yes, I had, and that there would be alot more to lose as well.  He was really excited to hear the enthusiasm in my voice and we walked over to one of the benches to start our workout.

I first had to do side lunges with a 10lb dumbell and reaching across my body to my toes with it and then bringing my legs together and raising the dumbell above my head 10 times.  Then he had me sit on the bench and putting my hands behind me on the bench, raise both feet off the floor and bring my legs to my chest to work the lower abs.  This is the new one that I was talking about and I really quite enjoyed it.  I had to do this 15 times and then repeat with the 10lb dumbell exercise.  More of the abs, and then with a 12.5 lb dumbell repeat both once more.

Once I finished with these, we went over to the TRX ropes and I had to do 20 rows, 15 assisted squats, and then going over to the stairs at the back wall 12 calf raises.  I repeated this two more times and then we made our way over towards the stairs.  Here I had to do the cross body stretch for the back on each arm and then we did one of the other pieces of equipment that you sit on the bench and pull the weights down towards you.  I did this 12 times with a 75lb weight and then I had to do the stairs 3 times.  Yay!  The stairs!  The guy really doesn't think I do enough stairs in a day!  LOL

Once I got back up the stairs I had to the the weights again, this time with 60lbs, 10 trunk rotations on each arm and the stairs 3 more times.  I repeated this set another time and then I was told to do a cool down.  I made my way over to the treadmill for a 3 min cool down and made my way off to Tim Horton's for my coffee and head home.

All in all it was a pretty good workout, and I am glad to be home, but I feel like I am not quite finished for the day.  I may have to do just a wee bit more while I am here.  I will have to see.  As I start at Epcor (finally) next Monday, I will not be able to do my sessions during the week anymore so Jeremy has agreed to do Saturdays for the next 2 weeks for me.  I thought this was really nice of him and so we have another session booked for this upcoming Saturday at 12pm and my homework for the rest of the week is to do cardio for an hour every day and of course, stretches every day as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment