What a fantastic workout this morning! Because of my bad eating habits last night I pushed myself extra hard today! Jeremy got there at about 5 after 9 and got me started right away on the TRX ropes doing reverse lunges about 12 times on each leg. Then he handed me the 2lb medicine ball and had to throw it down 15 times on each side and then back to the reverse lunges. He handed me the 4lb medicine ball and I had to reach down and step to the left and then bring my feet together and raise the ball up above my head to the right about 15 times. Back to the reverse lunges and then the medicine ball one more time.
Jeremy told me to have about a 20 sec rest and then go up and down the stairs 2 times. So, I just grabbed a quick drink and away I went. When I got back upstairs, we went over to the pulley rope and I had to do lunges and hold the lunge while pulling the rope 12 times for each leg and then do the stairs one more time. When I got back the ropes he had me pull the rope across my body and up 15 times on each arm and then the stairs again. Then I had to reverse the pull so that I was pulling down 15 times and then we went over to the benches. I had to sit on the bench with 5lb bar bells at shoulder height and then standing up and reaching above my head with the barbells. Again 15 times.
Jeremy told me to have a quick rest and again I took a quick drink and then was ready to go. We did a 3 min sprint on the bike and then back to do the barbell squats one last time. Then he had me take 2.5lb weights and holding my arms straight out to the sides, I had to walk and lunge from one side of the room to the other and then he had me lay on mat on my back for "dynamic" exercises. Here I just had to lift one leg up and across my body and then the other repeatedly about 20 times and then it was back to the walk and lunges back across the gym.
We finished up with some stretching on the mats and then because I was walking to matt and nikki's place I didn't have to do a cool down. Jeremy was quite impressed with my enthusiasm today and i did wind up telling him what I had for supper last night and then he scolded me for having such a poor choice for supper and finally understood why I was pushing myself so hard. LOL
My warm up today consisted of 20 min on the treadmill at a 6 incline and a 2 speed for 15 min and then my last five minutes I bumped the speed up to a 2.4. I feel fantastic right now, the back is starting to tighten up a little bit but as I have Sophia for a few hours today, I should be just fine to go to work tonight! Tomorrow is going to be a rest day as I wont be able to get to the gym before work but, I'm gonna make sure that my lunch for work is quite healthy and when I get home I will have to do part of my homework which is 10 min of stretching tomorrow and sunday and at least 1 hour of cardio before work. Monday is my next session with Jeremy and I can't wait!
Good going Krista! Keep pushing through:)
ReplyDelete