Thursday, 8 December 2011

Day 149

Ok so, this morning was a great day indeed.  I  want to share with you all my story from last nights shift however.  It was actually quite funny now that I think back on it, and even though it wasn't at the time, now I can laugh about it.

I was working away and all of a sudden I got a buzz on the intercom from the carwash.  Apparently the door didn't want to open for the customer so I shut it down from the inside and waited a few min before turning it back on.  It still wouldn't work so I grabbed my coat and walked over to see what the problem was.  As I approached it, I noticed that the door had raised about a foot and didn't show any signs of going up or down.  So, I grabbed my keys and let myself in figuring I could hit the button on the inside and try closing it and opening it from there.  As I approached the door and crossed the sensors for the underwash spray, all of a sudden the car wash started going!  I had to book it out of there and as I got back through the door I was completely drenched in water!  Needless to say, I had to close the carwash down for the night because I was not attempting to go back in there to get it closed.

Now onto today.  I had decided last night that I wanted to go to the gym this morning before work so that I could come home and hopefully get a few things accomplished here before Monday came.  However, I was having such a great sleep and it turned out that I slept in.  So, no gym for me this morning,

I went to work, had a good shift, and afterwards, at 6, started on my walk to the gym.  I made it there for 6:30, completely frozen and warmed up for a few min before getting on the treadmill.  I started off at a 6.5 incline and a 2.6 speed and continued on for about 10 min.  I then upped the speed to a 2.7 for 2 min and then upped it again to a 2.9.  I stayed there for another min and then once again upped the speed to a 3.1 and raised the incline to a 9.  I carried on for another 10 min and then did my cool down.  I wound up staying on the treadmill for half an hour and burned 322 calories.  Not too bad of a workout!  At least I got my hour cardio in.  :)

Tomorrow morning is my session with Jeremy and I am kind of excited to see what he has in store for me, but at the same time, kind of nervous.  He keeps increasing certain things for me to do and it keeps getting harder and harder.  But, I welcome it with open arms!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment