So far it's been an ok day. I woke up this morning running a little bit behind to go to the gym but wound up being ready to head out the door by the time Jan was ready to leave. As I don't have another session scheduled until Monday, my homework was to do an hour of cardio every day and so far I have been managing to do that. On Tuesday I had to babysit for Matt and Nikki so I went to their house to babysit. I walked over there and it took about 45 min to get there and then walked home which took only half an hour. I didn't do my stretches when I got home but I figured I would be ok. Maybe I should have.
Yesterday was a whole different story. I was a bit sore still in the legs from my workout on Monday and even though I was sore, I still walked to the gym last night. It took me 45 min to walk there and when I finally got to the Esso, all I really wanted was a coffee and to read my book. So, that's what I did. Jan came and picked me up at around 8:45 and I came home.
This morning I actually did go to the gym and realized that I missed going. Even though I had been doing the walking and getting my exercise I kind of felt incomplete. So, I got on the treadmill and started off at a 2.4 speed and a 6.5 incline. I increased it afterr 15 min to a 3 speed and then dropped the incline down to a 4.5 after about 5 min. I wound up hitting a 3.4 speed and a 9 incline at one point for 2 min and so far, that is the fastest I have gone on an incline that high so I was pretty darn pleased with myself for that. I burned a total of 417 calories in 45 min and headed for home. I may just be going back to the gym tonight after work again, I will have to see how I'm feeling but, I am certain that I am going to be getting my stretches done today and for the rest of the weekend so that I am good to go for Monday.
Hopefully my weigh in will be good on Sunday. If I do double workouts from now until then, I may just have the best weigh in yet! More tomorrow! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment