Today started out as any other day this week. I wanted to go to the gym so bad for 9am but, I just can't seem to get myself into a good system here. I wound up waking up to a text message from Nikki asking if I had gotten to the gym. I said no, that I just woke up. Matt brought Sophia around 11am and I thought, ok, I will just go to the gym before I go to my family function. Well that didn't work out as planned either as Matt didn't get here to pick up Sophia until around 3pm. I still needed to get ready to go, and be out the door by 5:30pm.
I got to Yote's in Leduc at about 6:15pm and I was glad I went. I just proved to myself that I can go to these family functions and not eat unhealthy. I couldn't even eat unhealthy if I tried. And believe me, I did try. I had a total of 3 wings, and 2 tiny onion rings and a medium sized one and I just couldn't do it. The smell of the grease and the taste of it just was not agreeing with me at all. So I wound up ordering a salad. Thanks Grandpa!
Anyways, by the time my salad finally arrived, I still wasn't up to eating much. I don't think I even ate a quarter of it. So, I asked for a to go container, boxed it up and brought it home. There were alot of wings there tonight, which is ok because I have a big family and it will all get eaten no matter what. There were also onion rings, nachos, and these fries that I literally had to switch sides of the table because I just couldn't sit there and inhale that grease. I haven't had any greasy food in 6 months and let me tell you, I don't think I will have any for a long time to come. Once you've got it out of your system, it's really hard to go back to that way of life. So I was quite proud of myself for that.
I was invited to go back to Aunty Dawn's house, but, as I still had not gone to the gym, I really wanted to get it done. 2 days of not going, even though I have hit my 45 min cardio every day so far, I was really starting to miss it. So, I declined the invite and headed home.
Once I got to the gym, I actually started out on the eliptical on a level 6. Normally I would have gone straight to the treadmill but tonight, I wanted to burn the calories. So I left it on a level 6 for 20 min and I was hitting speeds of a 4. Not sure what the mph is but, considering the fact that I haven't hit faster than a 3 before, I did really good. After 20 min I dropped the level to a 2 for 3 min and then finished off the last 7 min at a level 8. All maintaining that speed of 4. Again, I was pretty proud of myself for doing so well.
I got off of that and finished my workout on the treadmill for 15 min at a 2.6 speed and 6.5 incline and then grabbed a Tim Horton's coffee and went over to Nikki and Matt's place for a bit. I have plans to hit the gym tomorrow morning again and this time I am going. I am not allowing myself any excuses. I found out today that Matt and Nikki are not going to be needing a babysitter after next Thursday for awhile, and although I am happy to be able to free up my day a little bit so I can go to the gym without previous engagements, I am sure going to miss spending time with the little pumpkin!
Anyhow, yesterday I did hit my 45 min of cardio as well. I wound up doing nothing but the stairs for 15 min and then with my walk to work, I wound up making my homework. Now it is 1am and I must go to bed if I am going to make it to the gym for 9am. Another blog will be posted tomorrow afternoon, before I go to work. Don't forget that Sunday is weigh in day and I have great news to share! I am very excited to tell everyone now that the family knows the info!
No comments:
Post a Comment