I have been having a really good day today considering the fact that when I woke up this morning I was in a bit of pain in the back once again. I was up at 10am, ate, showered and was out the door by 11am. I walked to the gym and was ready to go by 12 and I was definitely not dissappointed in my workout.
Jeremy came and got me from the treadmill and we started right away. He had me take a 2lb ball, do a squat with it lowered between my legs and then raise it above my head fifteen times with each arm and then I had to do step ups 15 times on each leg. I repeated this a second time but the next time was with a 12.5 lb dumbell instead and then he moved one of the exercise equipment and I had to put my foot on there and then push into it. It's kind of hard to explain but, it stretched out the lower back a little and helped work out a little bit of the pain. We did another stretch that I had to hold the handle of a different machine and then reaching across my body above my head with the other arm grab ahold of the side of the machine and stretch there as well on each arm.
From there, we went over towards the stairs and I had to do 10 pushups, 20 ab crunches and hold the plank for about 25 seconds. I got to then do the stairs 2 times and repeat the pushups ab crunches and plank. 3 more times down and up the stairs and then we did some new stretches for the back.
The first one we did is one that I have done before. With my foot basically flat against the inner thigh, I had to lean forward and hold it for about a min and then he had me sit with both legs stretched out and slightly bent with my feet pointing straight up, reach towards my toes. He pushed on my shoulders gently and stretched out the back some more. He then had me push back against his hands and that made if feel really good too.
When we finished those, he showed me the new stretches and they are kind of difficult to explain but I will try my best. With my left hand I had to grab the outside of my right foot and then slowly push my foot out to help with the stretch. At this point I made him laugh because I had told him that I couldn't grab my foot because my fat was in the way lol.
I repeated with the other foot and then I had to cross my right leg over my left leg and then with my right elbow on my raised knee, push and twist my back to look at the back wall. I had to repeat with the other leg and then I was lucky enough to do another 2 times on the stairs. Yay! More stairs! He informed me that it was my cool down and that he would see me Friday at 11am.
For my homework, I have to do of course, my stretches every day and I also must do 1 hour of cardio. Boy did I miss him! LOL Anyways, it should be easy enough because I plan to go to the gym once again tomorrow morning before I have to work and since I am working on my feet all night, my back is so sore that I have to do stretches when I get home. So, it works out for me. :) More tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment