Tuesday, 27 December 2011

Day 166

It really is nice to have Christmas over and done with.  I am starting to get back into the groove of going to the gym and loving it completely.  I slept really good last night, going to bed at 9:30pm and getting up at about 8:30am.  I noticed this morning that my feel weren't quite as sore as they normally are but the back is where all the aches and pains are today.

I came downstairs, had my breakfast, and went back upstairs to have my shower and get ready.  I was on my way to the gym today and nothing was going to stop me.  I had planned to go yesterday but, after I had finished with my stretches I really didn't feel up to it.  So, I went to my Aunt Cher's place in Devon instead for a visit with Jan.

I pulled into the parking lot this morning and oh my was it full.  Seems like everyone had the same idea as me this morning!  I got into the locker room, put my stuff away and headed upstairs.  I started off on the treadmill for 5 min at a 0 incline and a 2.4 speed and then upped the speed to a 2.7 and the incline up to a 2.5.  I continued on for another 5 min and then increased the speed to a 3 and the incline up to a 4.5.  5 min more and I increased the incline one more time to a 6 and then finished off the last 10 min on a 3.2 speed.  I did the cool down for 5 min and then made my way over to the ladies only room.

I wound up only doing the eliptical for 10 min because I was wearing my new shoes today and although I had no pain in the bottom of my feet, my back was really bothering me.  So I decided that maybe I should come home and do some stretches.  Maybe before I go to the gym I should get them done because then I might actually be good for the rest of the day.

So I went over to Safeway, picked up a few groceries and then stopped at Timmie's on the way home.  I grabbed myself a coffee, Jan a tea and then once I had finished, got down on the floor to get my stretches done.  I don't know what it is with cats but, as soon as I lay that yoga mat out on the floor, they seem to think that they are doing me a huge favor by sitting on it before I can even get down on the floor.  And then when I am down there trying to do my stretches, they seem to think that it's play time.  Boy have they got it wrong!

So I did quite a few stretches and now my back is semi ok, but still not really good.  Maybe when I get home from work I can do some more and try to get some ab crunches and maybe the plank in before bed.  When I get up tomorrow morning I will have to do them again so that I am good for whatever Mr. Jeremy has in store for me tomorrow.  Our session is at 12 so hopefully he won't be too hard on me.  As I am walking to and from work today and also walking to and from the gym tomorrow I will have hit my 3 hours cardio projection.  I think Jeremy needs to get a little bit more realistic in his homework distribution.  Especially when it comes to the holidays!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment