As it is the Christmas season, I guess the blog has been kind of forgotten about. I will have to try and remember everything that has happened since last Tuesday, so I may be going back and forth a bit. I will try my best though to do a good recap.
Wednesday I was hoping to get into the gym for a workout in the mornning but, unfortunately it didn't quite work out as well as planned. I didn't get any stretches done either which started to bring me down a little bit. I started to get a little on the emotional side with the combination of losing control of my ambition and a few other things, and just didn't plain care at all on Wednesday.
On Thursday, I babysat Sophia for 3 hours and then managed to get myself to the gym for the afternoon. I got there around 2 pm and did the treadmill for 15 min. My feet were still pretty sore so I decided to try the eliptical for a little bit and did 10 min there. I finished 20 min on the bike and then walked over to work which took about 15 min. I put in an hour total and when I got home from my shift I wound up going straight to bed because by that time I was completely dissinterested in anything at all. I had been crying most of the day for reasons I do not wish to disclose at this time and just wanted to go to bed.
Friday morning I got up at 6am to give Jan a ride to the LRT and went in to my session for 9. I was still pretty emotional and frustrated with some people, missing my mom and just overall did not want to do anything but go home. I went inside, went up to the treadmill and did a warmup for 12 min. I went over to Jeremy's office and said hello, went to the washroom and we got started.
Jeremy had noticed that I wasn't in high spirits on Friday and he asked me if I wanted to talk about it and I said no, I just wanted to know about his trip. So we wound up talking about that as we went on in our session and about half way through, he asked me again if I wanted to talk and I said, not here with all of these people around. So we did finally wind up talking at the end of the session and I felt way better releasing the built up frustrations and so on. He gave me a big hug and told me to stay positive and that if I needed to talk, he was only a text away. He's a very good listener and I am so thankful to him for that because I do have issues that I need to resolve, and I just can't seem to bring myself to do it... yet.
Anyhow, for our session he started me on doing step ups, about 12 on each leg and then I had to do the trunk pulls on the pulley rope about 12 times on each arm and then he said because the stairs always put a big smile on my face, that I should do the stairs 2 times. When I got back, I did the step ups again but this time, on the step up, had to do a pull each time I reached the top of the step up. I did this 12 times and repeated the stairs.
From there, we went over to the chin up and dip assist machine and did those 12 times, and then did rowing pulls on the TRX ropes 12 times and then repeated this one more time. I then had to do the stairs 3 more times and then repeat the chin ups and dips, and TRX ropes one more time. I went up and down the stairs 2 times and we finished off with a couple of stretches on the railing.
Friday night when I finished work, I did not do my stretches because I had to be up early in the morning once again because I was heading out to Leduc to visit with Blaine, Patty, Grant, Carmen, Dayton and Donovan. I had a very nice time seeing them again and it looked like the boys enjoyed the presents that I bought them. I received a $25 Tim Horton's card from Grant and Carmen, a homemade card and Christmas ornament from the boys, a shirt and a healthy cookbook from Blaine and Patty and I received something from my Aunt Dawn that was really nice.
I have to tell a little story about that because it was really sweet. Apparently my Aunt had given everyone else a nut and candy tray for Christmas and she didn't want me to think that she was trying to sabatoge my weight loss progress so instead, she made up a homemade trail mix for me. It is very good and filled with all sorts of goodies like dried banana chips, kiwi, a couple nuts and some other stuff in it. I thought it was so cool and extremely thoughtful. I just really appreciated that! Thanks Aunty for thinking of me! :)
Now onto today. This morning Jan woke me up at 9:30am which is the longest I've been able to sleep in this past week and it felt so good that even though it was Christmas, I just wanted to sleep. However, I got up, came downstairs, grabbed a coffee and settled down in my chair to wake up and enjoy the coffee and prepare to open the gifts.
Jan got me a beautiful bracelet, an awesome Wolf throw blanket, new workout shoes and a new shirt! It was so awesome! I wound up wearing the work out shoes to break them in tonight and the bracelet out to Alberta Beach. Shawn and Merv came over around 1 pm and I got a $25 gift card from Reitman's from Shawn, and a $25 visa gift card from Merv. Yay! Clothes shopping, here I come in July!
We all headed to Alberta Beach to Charlie`s house where I got another Tim Horton`s card from Charlie and we had a very nice meal and visit. Mostly we picked on poor Shawn but, it`s all in good fun and we all really do love him alot.
I did not do a weigh in this morning because it is Christmas day and when I stepped on the scale on Friday for kicks, it hadn't changed at all since last weigh in. Next week I will be sure to post. However, as I was getting ready to go out to Charlie's tonight, I tried on the XL shirt that jan bought me and even though I got it on, I still have about another 1/2 an inch to go for it to actually look decent. I also tried on the 1x shirt that Blaine and Patty bought me and that one fit a little bit better but again, just a little bit more needs to be lost before it looks nice. I also decided to try on a pair of pants that my Aunt Lori had given me back in Septemeber. They are a size 20 and 2 weeks ago when I tried them on I couldn't quite get the zipper done up. This morning when I tried them on, I was able to get that zipper up! And I didn't even have to suck it in! So it is official, I have gone from a 4x pants, to a size 20 and for shirts, I have gone from a 3x shirt, to a 1x!
I do feel really good health wise, don't get me wrong. But I think the reason why I have been so emotional in the last week is due to the fact that I am starting to figure out where and why I started to gain the weight. And because of that, I am starting to address the problems and trying to figure out how to talk to those that may have had an impact on my life wether it was intentional or not. Good or bad. So this is where all of the emotional stuff is starting to play in and it is in this part that I was terrified to come to. But, I will be just fine because I am a fighter and I am a strong spirited and determind individual. Merry Christmas to everyone! I know for the first time since my mom has passed on, I can honestly say that I had a great Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment