Another day, another session. I was hoping to get up a little earlier today to be ready for my session but, as I got out of bed at 7:30am and went in to the bathroom to go have my shower I realized that maybe I should just go back to bed for another hour. My feet are so friggin sore and I just don't know how I'm going to manage with them. I have plans next weekend to go and get yet another pair of new shoes that will hopefully help me out with my feet while I'm at work. Quite honestly I don't think it will help much, but I have to try something. This is getting ridiculous.
If I could get away with it I would take 2 or 3 weeks off of work and just stay home. My doctor had recomended it to me awhile back but, I just can't afford to do it. I will just have to somehow put up with it and try to get passed it.
I got to the gym and wound up not having anything for breakfast, didn't even get my coffee in this morning so, I really wasn't feeling up to working out. However, I changed my shoes, got upstairs and on the treadmill and did my warm up, sore feet and all. Usually I can manage about a 2.6 or higher right off the bat. Today I started off at a 2 and just took it a little easier. Jeremy came over to get me and we started of doing 10 pushups, the plank, 25 ab crunches, 10 more pushups, and then a 3 min sprint on the bike on a level 12 before I was able to take a 20 second break. We repeated this circuit and then I was able to rest for a minute. I repeated everything a 3rd time with the exeption of the bike and then we made our way downstairs.
Here I had to do 10 seated dips, which works on the triceps and then get into a lunge like stance and do 10 bicep curls with 10 lb dumbells on each leg and then up and down the stairs 2 times. We repeated this again and pretty much that was it. Even though there wasn't much variety in what we were doing it was still a pretty good workout. I vented my frustrations from the weekend, he asked me once again about the contest and I told him that I still needed to think about it a little more but that I would let him know by the end of the week.
My homework for the next week is to do 5 hours of cardio, and stretches every day. I asked him for specific cardio instructions as he doesn't seem to think that going for a walk counts and he told me that as long as I do interval cardio on the treadmill or the eliptical it was fine. Our next session is next Monday at 10am and then on Tuesday I will be making a bold move when I get paid. I have decided that rather than drag out the payments for the first sessions that I have been paying for, I will be paying the first sessions off completely. This will help in the long run because then I can afford to start putting more money away for a new vehicle. I am so sick of depending on other people to get me from a to b.
I did weigh in yesterday morning but as I have been in pain all weekend, I didn't feel the need to do a blog for just a weigh in. I was really happy with the results, still am and I am hoping that even though I wasn't able to get into the gym on the weekend I will be able to pull off some decent numbers next weekend. Anyways, on to the numbers. I weighed in at 216lbs, which is so far a total weight loss of 48 lbs. I wound up losing 3 lbs last week! Yay!
I will be going to the gym once again tomorrow, in the morning this time because it's too hard to go to work right after a workout and stand on my feet for 8 hours. I also plan to do my stretching when I get home from the gym because then I don't have to do it at 12am when I get home. I think that would be a much better idea! Blog will be up before I go to work at 2:30pm tomorrow.
good job, sounds like your thinking is on track. Go put it into motion. I agree with all your decisions. Don't be too hard on yourself, your doing awesome.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.livestrong.com/article/529838-alternate-exercises-for-plantar-fasciitis/