Monday, 5 March 2012

Day 224

The first day on the job today was kind of long and boring to tell you the truth.  I was hoping to actually be able to learn something today, and I did, but it was more about other people in the group than it was about the actual job.

We received a welcome gift of a travel mug as we walked through the doors and got our access badges.  We had a tour of the building at around 8:30am and then and then at 9:30am we had to fill out a sheet of paper about ourselves and then we randomly would choose one from the pile and share the information about the person you chose to the group.  At 9:45am we got our first break and carried on from there.  Basically it was just meeting the other people, getting to know them and learning how to log onto the computers.  Alot of questions were asked and alot of just sitting listening.

I was off at 3:30pm and so I met Jan at Clareview and away home we came.  We had supper and then shortly after, I headed to the gym for my workout.  As I am completely exhausted, I didn't stay too long.  I did only half an hour on the treadmill not going any lower than a 2.7 speed and 2.5 incline and wound up making it up to 3.4 speed and 9 incline for the last 2 min.  I did a cooldown and wound up totalling 181 calories burned.  At this point I was really getting tired so I decided that tomorrow I would probably stay for my full hour and decided maybe it was just better to come home.

Jeremy stopped me as I was heading towards the stairs and wanted me to sit and talk to him about my day and what happened the other day. I was very close to quitting this journey because I was feeling really down and wound up turning myself around in the other direction and pulling out of it.  Needless to say, I did wind up spending an hour at the gym, but only half an hour was dedicated to the workout.

Since I didn't get much sleep last night, I am heading to bed a little earlier in hopes of being able to sleep good.  Tomorrow after work I am heading to the gym before I come home from work so the blog will be up a little earlier.  I hope everyone had a fantastic day!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment