Today was an interesting day from the get go, until I got off of work that is. I wound up being late this morning getting out the door, and because I was trying to hurry and get to the car before Jan was late, I wound up slipping on the ice on the side of the house, not once, but twice. I didn't fall, and as I kept on with the rest of the day, my knee started to feel progressively worse. I couldn't figure out why it was so sore until I started to come in from the lunch break and I realized then that, maybe, the reason why my knee was so sore was because of the slip this morning.
So, at work, we wound up being able to take a few calls in the afternoon, and we also each had a practise call this morning in class. It was quite interesting and I did well, and felt almost excited to get on the phones next week. When I got off, I met Jan at the LRT, came home, and changed into my gym clothes right away. I thought maybe I could at least do something with low intensity like the bike and that it would be ok.
I was wrong! It was all fine for about a half an hour and then my knee got to the point that I didn't know if I was actually going to be able to walk. I pushed myself on to the 45 min mark and had no choice but to get going. Holy dinah was I ever in pain. I should have just stayed home and stayed off of my feet today. However, I wound up doing 182 calories, and I did get to chat with Jeremy for a bit today as well as Francois.
When I got to the gym, Jeremy was at his desk and so I hobbled over and asked him if the bike would irritate my knee much. He said as long as I didn't do a high intensity and try not to go too fast, that it should be ok. He then asked me if I wanted to do a session this weekend and I told him that I would let him know what I had planned this weekend and let him know.
As I was leaving, he was standing at the front desk and we talked again for a few min. I asked him when he wanted me to come in on Saturday and then he realized that he had a family thing to go to and that he wouldn't be able to. I told him that it was fine and that depending on how it goes for the rest of the week with my knee, I may not be back to the gym. He then told me that I could still do upper body stuff if I wanted to and to take the dumbells and dance with them here at home. We both started laughing and then he said that I should just come home and take it easy for a couple days.
I also talked to him about more sessions. I notified him that I was thinking about purchasing some more sessions and asked him if he would like to continue on with me. He said that of course he would and that he just didn't want to put me in a financial burden. I assured him that it was fine, that I would be ok and that my main concern was that I get the weight off and that I would make sure to let him know when I would be able to purchase them.
Some people would ask why? Why would you buy more sessions when you can do it on your own? The answer is, I thoroughly enjoy going to the sessions, I have alot of fun, and even though I can do it on my own, and have proved it to myself, I really enjoy having that person there pushing me and motivating me to keep going. We also have alot of fun in the sessions. We fight like a married couple and wind up making everyone else around us laugh at us. It's mainly just because it is fun. No other reason for it.
So anyways, now that I have made it home, and had supper, I am really upset at myself for going to the gym and pushing myself to the point of not being able to go to the gym for a few days. I don't know how it is going to be in the morning but, I am really hoping that I am able to walk. I do not, want to miss a day of work because of my own stupidity.
I will not be doing stretches tonight, as the stretches that I have require me to use my knees and since it hurts too much, I guess tonight I will have to rest entirely. Looks like I will be maintaining the upper body for the week, and very carefully watching what I eat. Sucks to be me! LOL
At least I am getting in higher spirits :)
No comments:
Post a Comment