Again, I hmm'ed and haw'ed about wether or not I was going to the gym today. Yesterdays workout was pretty effective and I was quite tender by the end of the day. I decided that I would come home and have supper first before attempting the gym. Once I had settled down and actually relaxed for a bit, I thought, no, I don't want to go. I am just too sore and I don't feel like it. I sat for another 15 min and then got thinking about wanting so badly to lose 5 lbs this week and went into the bathroom and thought, ok, I'm going. I am not going to acheive this goal if I don't do it. So, I changed my clothes, grabbed the keys from Jan, and away I went.
I got to the gym at about 10 to 7 and headed upstairs. Jeremy was just finishing up with another trainer while I filled my water bottle so I went over to his desk and talked with him for a few min. I then went into the ladies only room and got on the eliptical. I figured that I wanted the best calorie burn in a half hour that I could manage and that was the best way to go.
I wound up burning 200 calories in 20 min, and for my last 10 min, I got on the treadmill and burned another 71 calories. It wasn't that bad for a half hour workout. I have still been pretty good with doing the stairs at the LRT stations so I am quite happy with what I did today.
A few months ago, in one of my sessions with Jeremy, he had me do a grateful list and a list of things that I love. He then told me to buy this book called The Secret and read it. I have since looked for it and found it in hardcover in the store with a DVD for $30. So I figured that I would take a look on the kindle tonight and see if I could find it. I did, and it was only $14.50 so I bought it and started reading it tonight. I informed Jeremy of this tonight and he was fairly excited that I had actually bought it and told me to let him know what I thought. The first couple of chapters are so far pretty interesting and I think that it will help me alot in changing alot in the way of my thoughts and the way that I perceive things. As of Sunday, I will be starting to do the exercises in the book, for now, my main concern is just reading it and seeing what kinds of things I will be asked to do.
Tomorrow after work, I will be heading to the gym straight away as I find that I don't have alot of time in the evenings for anything else once I get back from the gym and not to mention the fact that I don't feel like doing anything either and therefore have no desire to do it. I have to force myself to get up and go. It will be a take it easy kind of day, maybe, and probably I will be doing a few strength exercises and the bike for a bit. I don't think the eliptical is on the agenda for tomorrow as I am starting to really enjoy it but, I have read somewhere that it is good to try and switch things up a little bit to get your body challenged and keeping it guessing what you are going to be doing next.
Now, it is time for me to do my stretches, and only my stretches and then it is off to bed for me. It is quite late and 5 am comes way too soon when I am up late. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment