I am starting off this blog in a negative note, but I promise that it will end in a positive one. I woke up this morning extremely tired after working last night at Esso and not able to fall asleep until around 2am. My alarm went off at 5 and when I got up at 5:30 I can honestly say that I really did not feel well, or happy, or anything at all.
By the time I left work, I really did not want to go to the gym. My stomach was really sore, pretty much all day, and I felt almost ill. I think it may be going around because there are a few people in the class that have been feeling ill as well.
Once I got finished with work, I made my way to the LRT and ran into Shawn, (Jan's nephew). We rode the LRT together to Clareview, said our goodbyes and I headed towards the gym stopping at the Esso before I went in. I had forgotten my water bottle in the dishwasher this morning and needed to get water so I got that, and was on my way. I was still not feeling good, and my stomach was extremely sore at this point and I wasn't sure if I was going to make it. But, I got it in my mind that I was already there, and there was no going back, so I went into the gym, changed my clothes, and headed upstairs to the ladies only room hoping to land myself onto the eliptical. I was in luck, there was one open.
I started off nice and quick on a level one, and wound up increasing the level every 2 min until I hit the fifteen min mark. At this point I was up to a level 7 and wound up making it to a level 10. In my 30 min on that eliptical I beat my record and burned 314 calories!! How exciting! I wasn't quite sure if I was ready to go yet, so I made my way over to the treadmill thinking that maybe if I just take it easy again on there, that everything would just work out fine.
I started off on a 2.4 speed, and a 4.5 incline and about 5 min in, my stomach started to act up again. I decided that if I just push through it, I could maybe finish my full hour. I increased the incline at 5 min to a 6 and then at the 10 min mark, increased it to a 9. I went for another 10 min at the 9 incline and then slowly dropped the speed down. I burned another 211 calories on the treadmill at the end of the 30 min mark which is great, but I was feeling so terribly at the end that I didn't think that pushing myself was worth the hell I put myself through.
I got home at 6:15 and had my supper thinking that food might have something to do with why I was feeling so bad, but it doesn't seem to be helping me. I am thinking that a good night's sleep is in order and hopefully that will be enough to make me feel better. I do plan on doing my stretches tonight, I am goign to try and get all of them done every day, and also go to the gym every day as well to maybe have a good weigh in this week. I want to get under that 200lb mark again, and this time, go quite a few under. So the plank is going to be attempted and some ab crunches as well, lower and upper. I won't be doing as many as I normally do, but at least an attempt is there. I am glad that I went into the gym before I came home to have supper. And I will be doing the same within the week as well to see if maybe I can change my routine up just a little and manage to get on a regular sleeping pattern.
As I said, I will be ending this on a positive note, I am proud of the determination today, and I am proud of the fact that I did not give up. Hopefully tomorrow will be alot better and more intensity, as I really do want to get as much as I possibly can in this week and maybe get 4lbs off of me with a little bit more hard work. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment