Thursday, 29 March 2012

Day 247

I am in a pretty amazing mood right now!  Had a pretty darn good day at work, had an awesome 45 min chat with Jeremy at the gym before my workout, and then had a perfectly awesome workout!  I could not have asked for a more perfect day.

Let`s start at the start.  I was awake at 5:30 this morning and ready to head out the door by 6:55am.  Jan didn`t come to work today so it was just me and considering that Merv (Jan`s brother) had Jan`s car, he was giving me a ride to the LRT this morning.  I got on the LRT and was starting to get ready to listen to my music, and on came one of our neighbors.  I put the ipod away and him and I chatted the whole way to Churchill.  I almost missed my stop because the conversation was so good lol.

At work, we learned about a few more billing things, and then carried on to go on the phones in the afternoon.  I had 5 calls in total and the first 4 were quick easy ones, and then my last call wound up lasting 25 min.  By the time I ended the call with the customer, I was feeling pretty sorry for him.  I can't go into detail because it is a breach of privacy but, it was sad.  Anyways, I left work at 3:45 after talking with Sara for a few min on my way out the door and then headed home to meet up with Merv at the LRT again.

I went with him to go and pick up his car, drove home myself with a pitstop to Timmie's (mmmm.....Timmie's....) and as I walked through the door, Jan was making supper.  I went upstairs, changed into my workout attire, and by 7 I was on my way to the gym.  Oh have I missed the gym!  I am pretty sure Jeremy had missed me as well considering the fact that I walked in, and instead of going into the front area of the building, he saw me, turned around and came upstairs with me.  I asked him if he was going to his desk and if he wanted company for a few min and he said, of course!

We sat and chitchatted like I said for about 45 min and then I looked at my phone and realized that I should probably get my workout started.  He told me to have a good,. hard workout and we went our own seperate ways.  We also managed to finally set up the two last sessions, 1 of them being on April 9.  I am a little anxious because I have missed training with him terribly!

I was feeling pretty good in the knee today, I had a couple times where I thought that maybe I shouldn't go to the gym because there are certain ways that I will step down on the leg and it triggers a little bit of discomfort in the knee.  It's almost like I feel like I'm going to fall.  But, I headed into the ladies only room because I was extremely anxious to get on that eliptical and see what I would be capable of doing.

I started off at the lowest tension possible for a min and then at 2 min, increased it to a level 2.  I carried on until the 5 min mark and brought it up to a 3.  I carried on for another 2 min and went up once more.  At the 20 min mark I had made my way up to a level 5 and thought, ok, I'm doing fine.  No pain yet.  So, I brought it up one last time to a level 6 and left it there for the remainder of my 30 min.  I wound up burning my 300 calorie total which was pretty good and I would have been able to go longer but as I spent so much time chatting instead of working out, I figured that I should probably head home.

I am still feeling pretty good, my back is really sore as I have not done stretches at all for the last 4 days, but, I do plan to get them finished before I head off to bed.  I am really hoping that I will be able to get a workout in tomorrow after dinner but, there are no guarantees there as I still need to do a little bit of shopping tomorrow evening and pick some things up.  Saturday however, will be another story.  I do plan to do another 2 hour workout, and I hope my body is ready for it because I will be doing strength and cardio as well.  I will have to see how it goes.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment