Thursday, 1 March 2012

Day 221

I am really getting tired of this whole situation of not being able to sleep good at night,  I had a terrible sleep once again and was awake bright and early at 5am.  I crawled out of bed at 5:20am and get the keys to the car from Jan and went over to Esso to get smokes, gas and a coffee.  By the time I got home and finished my coffee, it was time to give Jan a ride to work.  This time I had to drive her to Jasper Ave or around there anyways, because she had a few extra things to take to work with her this morning and it would have been a little awkward to carry it all on the LRT.  So we left here at 6:45am and we were on our way.

Once I got home, I made myself a slice of toast with 2 eggs and a slice of cheese on it and jumped in the shower.  I had planned to hit the gym before afternoon and I did manage to get in a little bit earlier.  Not much, but I headed out the door by 10:30am and when I finished my coffee at Tim Horton's it was 11:30am.  I walked over to the gym and when I got upstairs I headed to the ladies only room.  I was hoping to do the eliptical for a little bit.

However, I rounded the corner in there and both elipticals were being used.  I went back over to the other side, talked to Francois for a couple minutes and then got on the treadmill.  I got the speed up to a 2.5 and because I took my ereader along, before I knew it, 20 min had passed.  I jumped off to go to the washroom, and came back for another 40 min.  I still wasn't completely satisfied so I thought, well, maybe now one of those elipticals are free.

I headed back over, stopping at the washroom again and they were both still being used.  So, I got on the bike, and did that for the next half an hour.  I wound up burning in total 504 calories today.  Pretty impressive for me, as I usually only burn about 300 a day.

I am not sure what is wrong with me today.  I keep feeling a tightness in my chest and I was feeling a little panicked earlier this morning.  I think this is why I decided to stay at the gym a little longer today.  I am excited to be starting at Epcor, but at the same time I am terrified.  It is a completely new experience for me and I am forced to at least dress a little on the girly side.  I know to some people it may seem like such a petty thing but for me, I have never been one for the makeup, putting my hair in a "beautiful" nature, and dressing up for a work place.  I almost feel like I am losing a part of me which is completely ridiculous, but that's how I feel and it scares me to death.  Maybe it is just the fact that I am really nervous about starting in a completely different field than what I am used to.  Time will only tell.

I am still very much dedicated to the whole weight loss thing so that is a good thing, and I am really excited for the new things that life is going to be bringing my way in the next year or so in my life.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment