Thursday, 8 March 2012

Day 226

It has been another good day at work, I suppose I am starting to turn into a girly girl finally, which is something that I haven't been since I was in about the 8th or 9th grade.  However, I do have to get it together in regards to the meal plans and such because I am not leaving myself enough time to get the lunches made before work.  So, I have been trying to get my lunches made the last couple of evenings before I go to bed.

I stayed after work for a few minutes longer today because I am having a hard time following with the rest of the class on the terminology that is being used.  It's hard to start a job and learn about that job when you don't really know anything about it.  However, I asked one of the trainers today if she could help me find more information in regards to the company and help me to gain a better understanding about our products and services that we offer.  It turned out really good, she gave me a few websites to check out and so on my down time from work, and the gym, I will be trying to self educate myself so that I can perform my duties when it is time with the confidence of knowing what I am actually talking about.

I phoned Jan when I got to Clareview and asked her if she would be able to pick me up at 5:30pm from the Esso parking lot across from the gym so that I could go and do a workout before coming home.  By the time I actually got there and ready to start my workout it was already 5pm so I really didn't have as effective workout as I had planned.  I started off on the treadmill on a 2.8 speed and a 4.5 incline and after 5 min, bumped up the speed to a 3 and then 5 min later still upped it once more to a 3.2.  I slowly increased the speed to a 3.5 each min and left it there for another 5 min and then slowly increased the incline until I was doing a 9 and then hit the cool down button.  Unfortunately it was time for me to go and put the boots on and head over to Esso to meet Jan.

As I got my coffee, I was thinking that I wasn't really satisfied with my workout so when Jan got there to pick me up, I asked her if she would mind if I went back to the gym a little later to get more of a workout in considering the fact that I had only burned 151 calories in 20 min.  She said that was fine and after supper I headed back to the gym.

Once I got upstairs, I headed over towards the treadmills and as I got there I thought, no, I already did that today.  Maybe I will see if an eliptical is open in the ladies only room and try that again.  As I was walking back over there, I heard my name being called and there was Jeremy in his oilers jersey working out.  He asked me how things were going and wanted to know why I needed to speak with him last night.  I asked him if he could help me devise a strength workout plan for the weekends so that I can continue to strenthen my body and if he had time I would really appreciate it.  So, in between his sets, that's what we did. 

From there, I said my goodbyes and headed into the ladies only room to do that eliptical.  I was in luck, both machines were available so I hopped on one and got started right away.  I started off on a level 4 and started reading my ereader.  When I got to the 5 min mark I increased the level to a 5 and then carried on for another 10 min on the 5.  For the last 15 min I did a level 6 and when I got off at the 30 min mark I realized, YAY!  I burned 300 calories in 30 min!  I matched Carmen finally!  Maybe tomorrow I will try and go for 320 or even 340.  So in total today, I wound up burning 451 calories.  :)

Once I got home, I talked to Sara on the phone about the day and now after I am finished writing this blog, I am going to move on and do my stretches before bed.  It looks like today is going to be another one of those late nights.  Oh well.  Good thing it is Friday tomorrow!  I have been monitoring my weight a couple of times this week as well and it looks like I may have some good news on Sunday!  If everything goes good that is and I don't sabotage anything.  Tomorrow I will reveal what I did in regards to the stretching as it is getting late and I should be getting to bed.  More tomorrow!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment