Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Day 232

After only managing about 4 hours of sleep I am quite surprised at how well I did today.  Last night before I went to bed, I spent an hour and a half getting the stretching done, and I did 60 ab crunches, the plank, 40 lower ab crunches, and managed to do about 5 pushups ( not very good mind you) from my toes.  I called it a night and headed off to bed, where I was able to do nothing but toss and turn for the evening.

I was awake at 5:30am, crawled out of bed by 5:45am, and was ready to head out the door for 6:50am with Jan to go and catch the LRT.  I did pretty good for lunch today, I packed some leftovers from supper last night, and then took a 1/2 a cup of peaches and 1 cup of peas for my snacks.  After work, I walked over to the gym and decided that if I was going to do it, I better get it done.

I headed upstairs and got on the eliptical in the ladies only room.  I put it on a level 8 and away I went for 4 min.  Once the 4 min mark hit, I was starting to become tired already and decided that maybe I should ease up the tension a little bit and take it easier.  So I decreased the level to a 2 for about 5 min and then brought it back up to a 6 for another 10 min.  I lowered it once again to a 2 and then at the 26 min mark put it back up to an 8.  I wound up burning 291 calories in that half an hour.

From there, I didn't quite feel like I was ready to go yet, so I made my way out to the main area and got on the treadmill.  I felt good but didn't really want to push it too hard as I had just pushed hard on the eliptical and just wanted to relax a little.  So I put the the incline on a 2.5, speed up to a 2.5 and away I went.  At 5 min I increased the incline to a 4.5 and then at 15 min I increased it again to a 6.5 and left it there until I hit the 28 min mark.  From there I increased the incline one more time to a 9 and then hit the cool down button.  At the end of my 35 min on the treadmill I had burned another 223 calories.  Once I got off of the treadmill I knew I was finished, considering the 514 calorie burn.

I went downstairs and changed my shoes and then made my way over across the parking lot to the Tim Horton's where I sat for about an hour and a half.  I am still unsure as to wether or not I should have done that as my feet are completely burning and my back is extremely sore.  I have yet to do my stretches tonight, I'm still not sure if I am going to do all the extras but, at least the stretching and the cardio will be complete.  Tomorrow I will be going to the gym again after work as Jan will have an appointment to go to after work and I really don't want to be sitting around there doing nothing when I can do something productive.  I hope that tomorrow will be as good as it was today.  I am heading to bed early tonight as I am still very tired and maybe tonight I can have a decent sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment